What's new

Plants vs. Zombies is Free!

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Today, courtesy of iDownload Blog, comes the exciting news that I never thought I’d hear: Plants vs. Zombies is free! Yes, it’s true! For the first time ever, PopCap is offering its wickedly successful game as a free download! As iDownload Blog notes, since its release in June 2010, the game has won more than 30 Game of the Year awards, and is arguably one of the most popular iOS games of all time. In case you’re not familiar with the gameplay, well, the title says it all really! The game features 50 Adventure mode levels, where you get to deploy your brave plant army against the invading zombie hordes. It’s incredible fun, and very addictive, and you must get it now! [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]It’s not known whether or not this is a short-term offer, or if the game will be free from now onwards, so the best thing to do is download it as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Click here for the iPhone version: Plants vs. Zombies for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Click here for the iPad version: http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin...d363282253%3Fmt%3D8%26uo%3D4%26partnerId%3D30[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source:[/FONT] Plants vs. Zombies goes free, get downloading

Last edited by a moderator:
Still worth the $2.99 in my opinion :p Very addicting. Use to miss my train stops on a daily basis playing it

Thats strange,i was able to install it on my phone but it won't let me install it on my ipad.....got it.

Last edited:
Now if only i could work out how to play it......quite a bit of head scratching going on!

Think of it like tower defense. Grow plants to keep the zombies from getting towards the house. Strategy and awareness. Try to get plants onto each lane early on, then grow/upgrade them accordingly based on what comes next. The enemies get harder and harder, so you might need certain plants to fend off certain zombies :p Well worth the few dollars when I got it on release a few years back.

Think of it like tower defense. Grow plants to keep the zombies from getting towards the house. Strategy and awareness. Try to get plants onto each lane early on, then grow/upgrade them accordingly based on what comes next. The enemies get harder and harder, so you might need certain plants to fend off certain zombies :p Well worth the few dollars when I got it on release a few years back.
so those little yellow things that come floating down,do you plant those?

Those are sunlight. You also have to grow a few Sunflowers to get more sunlight. Each little yellow orb of sunlight is 25 "points". Growing plants require a certain amount of sunlight to grow. I would recommend at least 1 line of sunflowers (the column closest to the lawn mowers) then build the little peashooters in front of them. Plant the peashooters on the lanes where the zombies are coming from first, otherwise they'll just walk up to your sunflowers, eat them, and waste a lawn mower (lawn mowers are basically contingency plans to activate when zombies get close to the house), and once it's used, you won't get another one for that lane.

Play a few rounds and you'll get the hang of it. Objective: kill zombies, plant stuff, get to the boss. The boss.... Jesus took me days to get pass that level.

If you lose a round, you won't start over from the beginning of everything, you'll be able to replay that map until you win :p

sounds like a lot of fun,i'm not much of a game player but i may try and get into that one.....i may be asking you more....;)

It's not really a competitive gaming per say, it's just the "is that all you got?" kind of game where you're looking for a challenge from the makers :p It's relaxing, but can get you hyped up when you get to the midpoints. Each stage after the initial few tutorial stages has at least 1 midpoint, where you have a huge wave of zombies coming at you. I'd say those are the most hyped up parts of the levels because you're just saying to yourself "darn did I plant enough plants? What if this type of zombie comes up?" or "hope the harder zombies don't all come in on the same lane together, I won't have enough time to kill them" and such. Appropriate for all ages :)

Even if this game is old, I still downloaded it and it's free so why not?! I love PVZ! :)