- Nov 27, 2012
- Reaction score
Popular photo editing app Pixelmator has been launched for iPhone users back in May and it seems that it has now received its first big update since the original release on the iTunes Store. Here's what the developer says about this current version:
"We’ve redefined the performance of the Repair tool, added Dynamic Touch to all Retouch tools, improved the Photo Editing extension, and more. The Repair tool is now up to 5 times faster and even more precise. Dynamic Touch lets you adjust the stroke size of all Retouch tools by simply using the tip of your finger to create thin strokes and a larger surface area of your finger for thicker lines. Lots of improvements to the Photo Editing extension and more."
There's a plethora of improvements and bug fixes, as well, so let's have a look at what these are:
- The Blur effect lets you apply more blur to your images.
- We’ve enhanced the look of the Pinch and Bump effects, so now they look even better.
- The Effects preview thumbnails of very wide images were too wide. Fixed.
- Now you can Cancel or Apply an effect with the settings popover open.
- The Clone tool now starts cloning grouped layers when and where you ask it to.
- The Retouch tools now work just as they should on layers with Lock Alpha on.
- The rhombus shape looks much more crisp.
- The Font Size setting had no effect on a few fonts. Fixed.
- The values of the Color Balance settings used to stay the same after applying Undo. Fixed.
- Previously, after canceling color adjustments for text, shape or grouped layers, you were still able to Undo the adjustments that you never made. Fixed.
- Removed Undo Image Size after creating a new Custom Image.
- The Replace Photo popover is now displayed properly when customizing a template at a high zoom level.
- We’ve made it easier to zoom the canvas into Fit and Full-Screen views.
- Your canvas now also fits the screen nicely after rotating the device with the Tools popover open.
- Browsing the Image Gallery is easier, when you can start swiping from the Name or Date labels, too.
- Images copied from Messages and other text-based apps are now pasted properly.
- Shapes with gradients created with Pixelmator for iOS look just the same on Pixelmator for Mac.
- Now you can see Pixelmator document thumbnails in the iCloud Drive Document Picker.
- Once in a while, the Photo Editing extension used to stop responding while saving changes. We found the reason and fixed it.
- The Photo Editing extension used to save the changes you made, even if you made no changes. Fixed.
- The app used to quit unexpectedly when you tried to enter Effects while editing a very wide image. Not anymore.
- We’ve improved the stability of the app when opening PSD documents with custom fonts.
- The Low Disk Space alert is now displayed only when you launch the app.
- Once in a while, the app used to stop responding after running in the background. Not anymore.
- The app would sometimes stop responding when opening an image from another app or via Handoff. We fixed this.