What's new

Pictures with txt problem.

coyo

Reaction score
hi,,
i have an iphone 4 version 4.2.1 service provided by att.
the problem is with sending pictures and/or videos with txt messages.
its sporadic,sometimes they go through some times not.
when they do go through it will take as long as 2-4 min,if they dont
i get the red exclamation sign.

Ive had the sim card changed and phone checked out at both the att store and an apple store.
i just got off the phone with att tech support( for the 3 rd time) and was told there this is an issue with the iphone 4 and its being worked on.
meanwhile I still pay the monthly bill.. :(
am i the only one with this problem? ,if so any suggestions would be appreciated.

this issue may have been addressed before but i could find it when i searched..

thanks for your help..

richard
:photos:

I would suggest sending them thru email. Text is by far the most unreliable way to send files and its mostly due to the compressing it has to do before sending. Also, try uploading to YouTube and then just text the link....

A video is a big file, I would never suggest using text to send a video, use email as DannyBoy suggested. As for a photo, is this a photo you took on your iPhone? If so it should be fine to send a photo using MMS. I do not have ATT though and wonder what the reception is when your trying to send photos and they fail?

I have had the same problem for months and been on the phone to the provider who also told me it was the handset.

I found a helpful tip on this site and changed the settings on my phone which I am sure you have.

- enable 3G
- cellular data
- Data roaming --- must all be on

On photo settings 'Keep Normal Photo' switched on

and lastly under General scroll to the bottom and press Reset and select Reset Network Settings - all of these seemed to solve the problem for me. Fingers Crossed and long may it last!

Good Luck:camera:

thnx for the tips all,,,Ive done ALL the above suggestions and spent way too much time on the phone with tech support,,you name it, its been done. i finally get emil form att telling me its a known NATIONAL issue that is being worked on.
ok so stop billing me til it's fixed,,,yea right,,

thanx again,,
:)

A video is a big file, I would never suggest using text to send a video, use email as DannyBoy suggested. As for a photo, is this a photo you took on your iPhone? If so it should be fine to send a photo using MMS. I do not have ATT though and wonder what the reception is when your trying to send photos and they fail?

I live in manhattan,,att is BAD,,, :(