What's new

Pictures and MP3 files stuck on iPhone 4s

Los Angeles 315

Reaction score
I have many pictures on my iPhone 4s that I want to back up to my laptop (a PC using Windows 8.1), but I cannot figure out how to download them because they were originally synced onto a laptop that I no longer have access to. I can download the pictures from my Camera Roll with no issues, but the other folders (labeled with the name of my old laptop) will not download onto my new laptop. The person at the Apple store Genius Bar told me all the photos not in the Camera Roll would be deleted if I sync'ed my iPhone with my new laptop. I have the same issue with some non-copyrighted audio files used for foreign language training. Is there a way to download these photos and files to my new laptop (or to any other location off my iPhone)? The Genius Bar guy said there might be some 3rd party software that could help (he did not know what it was called)

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Los Angeles 315!

My suggestion:
Load the images to online storage such as OneDrive, Box, Google Drive, ... You'll be able to save them to your computer afterwards.

Don't use Dropbox, it uploads from Camera Roll only.

You could also use apps such as PhotoSync or the Photo Transfer App to get them to your laptop.

Last edited: