What's new

Photostream and Camera Roll

perrysrc

Reaction score
Hi

When i take a photo on my iphone it saves into photostream and camera roll which means it duplicates all photos, i thought it went only into photostream and i could save it into camera roll if i so wished ?

Can i turn off automatic upload to camera roll ?

Perry

They only stay in Photo Stream for 30 days and then they're cycled out. This give you the opportunity to manage them from your camera roll or other device(s).

Dave

Thanks for reply but i thought they should only go in photostream folder and i have 30 days to save them to camera roll before they auto delete however they go straight into camera roll which i believe it was not meant to do ?

Perry

Dave

Thanks for reply but i thought they should only go in photostream folder and i have 30 days to save them to camera roll before they auto delete however they go straight into camera roll which i believe it was not meant to do ?

Perry

Well that's the way it works for me too, so I suspect that's the way it was meant to be.

Taking photos/videos go to the Camera Roll, then the photo stream. That is how it works. If you do not want the photos to go into the Stream, turn off PhotoStream in the settings for either the iCloud or the Photos. Photostream is like a 30 day backup that takes up valuable space in the iCloud.

Personally, I do not use the photo stream and keep it turned off 99% of the time. The only time I use it is when I want to show a larger version of the photo on my iPad as opposed to the iPhone.

OK, when I take pics on the 4S, they go into PhotoStream on the 4S. However, they do not appear on my iPad's PhotoStream. Anyone know why? Thanks!

Are you signed into the same iTunes account on both devices and have photostream turned on...??