What's new

Photos appearing in my Photo Stream that arent mine

charliemouse99

Reaction score
Recently a number of photos a did not take have started to appear in my photo stream, any ideas why? I lost my phone 7 months ago - could these photos be taken on that and that's why they are appearing? I'm not comfortable with them appearing on my iPhone and less happy of what they are of. Please advise!

That's odd, wish I could help

Tapatalk'd from my iPhone 4s

Wow - sounds interesting.

The fact that you lost your iPhone means that it migh be in a third-person right now. If your iPhone was then syncing with your iCloud account and this person did not disable it upon finding your iPhone, you will indeed see unknown photos in PhotoStream on your iPhone.

What's worse, is that the other person is most probably receiving your photos on his device. The only good news is that the possiblity of locating where your lost iPhone is is good.

To do so follow these Apple-provided instructions:

iCloud: Locate your device on a map

I have tried using the Find my iPhone but it only locates my new device? The photos have stopped appearing (for now) but I am concerned about my images - how would I solve this issue? Would I new a new Apple ID? How easy is that to redo?
I'd love to find my old phone, doubt the police would be that interested in helping.

Hvae you reported the phone has lost/stolen?
I beleive the carrier (or apple) has a system in place where if somebody tried to get service on it, it won't allow it cause it's flagged as lost/stolen.....that is assuming it is attempted to have service activated on it though.

Yes, I reported it lost when I lost it back in January and reported the IME (?) number. I was told that doing that would render the phone useless but obviously not. The photos have started appearing again & the website help for Photo Stream online is very unhelpful!

You can change you apple id and password and that should stop them from showing up. If the old phone is set to a different id and password it won't update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I reported it lost when I lost it back in January and reported the IME (?) number. I was told that doing that would render the phone useless but obviously not. The photos have started appearing again & the website help for Photo Stream online is very unhelpful!

It would render the cell service useless, but not the function of the phone...it essentially becomes an ipod touch.