What's new

Phone stuck on the register SIM card screen. Dont hav Sim yet

StiffGritty

Reaction score
i have an iphone 4 and i jailbroke it fine and then when i shut if off one time and turned it back on it came up with a white screen the sais "hello" then i click next and it tells me to choose a Wifi connection after that it tells me to insert my sim card to register it. I do not yet have a sim card for this phone i was just using it for music and internet surfing, i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to get past this screen, i am willing to format the whole phone and delete everything if neccesary. when i goto itunes and try to recover it tells me you are in the middle of registering your phone and it cannot be recovered.

i have an iphone 4 and i jailbroke it fine and then when i shut if off one time and turned it back on it came up with a white screen the sais "hello" then i click next and it tells me to choose a Wifi connection after that it tells me to insert my sim card to register it. I do not yet have a sim card for this phone i was just using it for music and internet surfing, i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to get past this screen, i am willing to format the whole phone and delete everything if neccesary. when i goto itunes and try to recover it tells me you are in the middle of registering your phone and it cannot be recovered.
Without a SIM card, you can't get past that screen. Unlike WiFi plus cellular iPads, you can't activate an iPhone without a SIM card in the phone.

Without a SIM card, you can't get past that screen. Unlike WiFi plus cellular iPads, you can't activate an iPhone without a SIM card in the phone.
but i was already using the phone for internet and stuff without a SIM card then i deleted an app called SAM and the register screen popped up

Once an iPhone has been activated, the SIM card can be removed and the iPhone used like an iPod. It's only when something requires a reactivation, like your situation, that you require an inserted SIM card to reactivate.