What's new

Phone Lock

bellefso

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a new 4S. I usually don't have issues with it locking, but I noticed when at work listening to music the phone never locks. The screen backlight goes off, but if I touch the screen it goes to the app screen(or whatever app I was in). If I pause Music then the lock works as expected. I have tried with Music in the forground, being on the app home screen, with other apps running. I dind't see any obvious settings to change.

Thanks

One additional detail. I noticed that this behaviour is only when charging. When not charging it locks and shuts off the screen as it should. When charging it only shuts the backlight off and doesn't lock.

Thanks

The same behaviour on a 3rd gen iPad. Seems to be a 'feature' to ignore your chosen security settings when you are silly enough to use the built in Music app. So if for some reason your phone/ipad had been playing music and you it got stolen it would never lock. As the guys in the Guiness ad say, 'Brilliant'!

Next time,while the phone is locked,double press the home button and play music from there.

Next time,while the phone is locked,double press the home button and play music from there.

I understand how to do that...but I do use the iPhone/iPad for more things. So I check a text while sitting at my desk, reply then set it down and continue working. Get up and leave my desk for whatever reason. iOS ignores my preference to auto-lock the phone...only when using the Music app and plugged into power. If not plugged in, it does auto lock. If Music is paused it does auto-lock. Just this one lone situation where it doesn't auto-lock. Just seems like a bug to me, since I can't seem to find any setting that changes the behavior.

I guess all I can do is open a bug report or something...