What's new

Pet GPS tracking app?

iPhone4S3x

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am looking for a gps app that that works like "find my phone" only for pets. Is there an app that will track a dog chip live? I found one that reports on lost pets but didnt see what I am describing here. Also if there is, would it work if I were to have my baby chipped? TIA

Microchips for pets are not GPS devices like your iPhone. They are passive chips with limited information that require a scanner in close proximity to be read (when the pet is found). They typically have an ID number that is then referenced via a database to find the owners information (address, phone number, etc.).

There are pet collars for sale that use GPS technology and can be accessed via computer or mobile phone application but I doubt they would be appropriate for your baby.

iPhone4S3x said:
Hello everyone. I am looking for a gps app that that works like "find my phone" only for pets. Is there an app that will track a dog chip live? I found one that reports on lost pets but didnt see what I am describing here. Also if there is, would it work if I were to have my baby chipped? TIA

Are you talking about a human baby??? That's messed up.lol.

My way seems better. If the dog ever gets lose just pull up your app and fire up the car. Yea, no I dont have any kids yet but I would def consider doing this to my baby if I could.