What's new

Security Device Furbo Lets You Feed Your Pets Treats via iPhone and Apple Watch

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Furbo.JPG

9to5 Mac reports on the launch of a brand new security camera device that has been made specifically to keep an eye on your pets, talk to them, and give them treats, all via your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch.

The device is called Furbo, and has a companion app that enables you to connect the device to Wi-Fi so that you can then control it remotely and use it to watch, and interact with, your pets.

The app interface enables you to check out the live camera feed via 720p HD video streaming with a 120-degree wide-angle view, as well as night vision and the ability to pinch to zoom. If you want to speak to your pet, simply tap the mic icon. You can take a cute snap of your pet by pressing the camera icon, or even press the middle button to give them a treat.

Furbo’s app will also send you “Barking Alert” notifications to let you know if your dog is barking and ask you “would you like to see what’s going on?” You can then try and calm your pet down by offering them a treat or talking to them.

And if all that sounds like a great idea, then you can get one for you and your pets from Amazon at the current ($75 discounted, usual price $249) price of $186 using the promo code FURBO925.

Source: https://9to5mac.com/2016/12/09/review-furbo-iphone-apple-watch-treat-dispenser-camera/

I read through some of the comments on this gadget. One person said her dog would more or less rip it apart to get the goodies out. Probably get electrocuted in the meantime l think. But that's just me. I personally don't believe cats or dogs need goodies to be quiet they need training, they should bark when someone strange is around. That normally puts burglars off. There are better cams on the market, just my opinion.