What's new

Outlook Sync

ronsspas

Reaction score
I am really serious about buying the Verizon Iphone 4. One major question, I have is. I constantly keep all my Outlook 2010 (contacts, tasks, notes & calendar) in sync with my Blackberry. Right now I have a Blackberry Tour, it syncs great (the best sync phone to outlook I've owned). I've been reading alot of iphone/outlook sync problems on the internet. This concerns me. Has anybody found the 1-step solution on synchronizing iphone 4 to Outlook 2010?

I shouldn't have to pay for a program to make a Iphone sync to Outlook 2010

My iPhone synced automatically and flawlessly with Outlook 2003. I really didn't do anything, the first time I connected with my pc it did it all. I have my complete contact list as well as my Outlook calendar. If I add new contacts to my iP4, when I sync they are put right in to Outlook, and visa-versa for the calendar. It couldn't have been any easier as far as I'm concerned. I am a long-time user of BlackBerry.

My cousin had some funky things go on with his contact list because he had AT&T sync it with his old phone and when he synced it with his pc, it duplicated some things, so, when I got mine I didn't let them sync it with my old phone. I just took it home "contactless" and let it do its thing.

You dont have to buy a thing. You plug in the iPhone, and select the appropriate programs to sync with. It's that easy.

You dont have to buy a thing. You plug in the iPhone, and select the appropriate programs to sync with. It's that easy.

This is true - iTunes will sync contacts, calendar, and notes between Outlook and the iPhone right out of the box.

OP mentioned tasks - this is where you need third party software such as CompanionLink. We also support additional features like Outlook categories.

Thanks for all the positive input. I was just reading all the negative problems with the sync. That was my main concern. Now the question for me, should I wait for the Verizon Iphone5 in July or go ahead & by the Verizon Iphone4? And another question is the 16gb or 32gb?

If you can wait, I would - just to be able to pick up the latest and greatest. If you can't wait, well, the iPhone 4 really is a great phone!

As for the size - it depends. If you plan on putting quite a bit of music and movies (and photos, to some degree) on it, then I'd say go for the 32GB. If not, I'd say the 16GB is just fine. Just for reference, I have over 1,400 songs, 14 (short) videos, nearly 400 photos, and close to 175 apps (including many games) on my 16GB iPhone 4 and I still have over 1GB free.

I have an iphone4 with 8gb. I don't plan on storing music on my phone. Just a few pictures and some ring tones. I still have 4.8gb available. It just depends on what you are planning on doing.

Mine is outlook 2003 and mine synced automatically. Only trouble I do find is all my emails come to my phone and outlook on my pc. So if I get 150 emails a day I look, reply and delete as necessary on my iPhone. When I log onto my pc which isn't that often now I have an iPhone all my emails download to outlook even if I've deleted them from the iPhone. And when I say deleted I mean press delete go to trash select all and delete. I also have delete after 1 day set up too. I'd love a way to permanently delete from my iPhone as well as the server. without this I can spend half an hour a week switching on my pc opening outlook downloading all the emails again to then delete all. Does anyone else have this?

Sent from my iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 using Tapatalk

Finally found how to delete email from the server from your iPhone so you don't have to download it to your pc also and then delete from there. You can choose to delete only from inbox so the rest you keep in your inbox the also go to your pc in case you need a copy.
1st click settings, mail,contacts,calendars. Tap the desired email account and select advanced. Now tap delete from server under incoming messages select either 7 days, when removed from inbox (is the one I choose) or never (which is what it was set at) that's why I had 200 emails a week to also delete from my pc. I've had the phone 6 months now and I've asked in here to no avail and the finally stumbled across it for myself. So I thought id pass it on.

Sent from my iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 using Tapatalk

CompanionLink, I'm curious....I'm in a small office and we're looking into MS Business Contact Manager 2010. The drawbacks are a) we can't share it on a server, b) we can't access it from an iphone. From what I've read, if we use DejaOffice and CompanionLink, we should be able to do both; is this right? I have about 4 people who all need to be able to access the same contacts list and update shared info on a daily basis. We don't need to be able to make the updates remotely via iPhone, but we do need to be able to access the contacts remotely. If you tell me that we'll be able to do all of the above and sync the MS Outlook Task List as well, you might just be my new hero!