What's new

"Other" folder in Iphone 5 over 6 gb's

Dyvurcz

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this, or know how to reclaim that space? Any help would be appreciated. I'm on ios 6.1 in case anyone is wondering. Thanks.

Is your iPhone Jailbroken? The "Other" folder contains everything you do on your iPhone... aside from Pics, Vids, Apps & Music.

Yes is it jailbroken, but to be honest I just did the jailbreak a few days ago, and noticed the "other" folder when I backed up my device before the jailbreak. Can't say it was 6 gb's I'm pretty sure it was 5 something.

What happens over time is the "Other" folder will get gummed up w/ fragmented bits of everything. The only true way to clear it up is a fresh restore as a new device (not from a backup) resync your contacts, apps, music & such... then rejailbreak.

What happens over time is the "Other" folder will get gummed up w/ fragmented bits of everything. The only true way to clear it up is a fresh restore as a new device (not from a backup) resync your contacts, apps, music & such... then rejailbreak.

Ouch!!! I was afraid of that answer lol. Thanks for the response. If it continues to get grow I'll have no other choice, but being that I'm new to the jailbreak scene I don't want to redo everything I've done so far. Way too much work for me! I'm afraid to lose all my tweaks, app data etc.

Ouch!!! I was afraid of that answer lol. Thanks for the response. If it continues to get grow I'll have no other choice, but being that I'm new to the jailbreak scene I don't want to redo everything I've done so far. Way too much work for me! I'm afraid to lose all my tweaks, app data etc.
Completely understandable. Unfortunately there's no other way around it... sorry.

Is there a jailbreak app that will go in and clean stuff up?

Try icleaner

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk!