What's new

Old way to remove photos from iPhone?

Sillycat41

Reaction score
I use my partners iPhone sometimes to take photos. For years now I used to connect it to my PC via USB cord and used File Explorer in Windows to access thumbnails of the photos, choose the ones I wanted then copy & paste them to a folder on my PC. The last time I tried to do that there were no thumbnails just a list of folders with numbers that I had to click on each one to see if they were my photos. What changed? He checked his phone and said that the photos were now going to iCloud and that I would have to access them there. Is there any way to go back to the previous method which I prefer? I don't use iCloud.

He would have to change his iphone settings to no longer save the photos to Icloud which might cause him inconvenience..

He would have to change his iphone settings to no longer save the photos to Icloud which might cause him inconvenience..
Okay, I thought that might be the problem. He said that he didn't change the settings to save to iCloud. Maybe that was the default in the latest iOS update. ??

On my phone, the numbers of the folders are the year and month the photos were taken so you can use that to know which one to look in.

Okay, I thought that might be the problem. He said that he didn't change the settings to save to iCloud. Maybe that was the default in the latest iOS update. ??

Sometimes Settings can change when upgrading a phone, setting up a phone, and with updates. I noticed recently my photos had been changed to sync to iCloud. I had to go in and toggle it off.

Okay, thanks. I just found the option to toggle it off! Great!