What's new

Notes app import sync question

twogurusindrag

Reaction score
I have a Verizon iPhone 4, not jailbroken. I have around 40 notes on the phone and would like to find a way to back them up.

I'm using XP Home SP3 and Outlook Express 6. I know the notes won't sync with iTunes or OE6, so I'm trying to find an easy way to import the notes I already have on the phone for backup.

I can't access the drive on the phone the way I could my iPod (I'm guessing it has to be jailbroken to do this, but I don't want to do so for warranty preservation purposes).

Is there an app you can recommend that will import the notes I already have and allow me to sync them to my PC?

I did not find a relative forum post, so excuse me if it has already been solved.

Thank you.

Actually Notes do back up under iTunes. You just can't edit or read them from the backup file.

As for online storage, I highly recommend you wait for iOS 5 and iCloud. All of your notes will be auto backed up to your iCloud account and you can edit them from any web browser. I have been testing this feature for over 6 weeks and have had zero issues with it.

Sounds groovy. I haven't found that tidbit. How would I replace them on the phone if I needed to?

Thanks!

Sounds groovy. I haven't found that tidbit. How would I replace them on the phone if I needed to?

Thanks!

You can only do a full phone restore to get notes back under iTunes. Basically Notes was one of those "after thought" apps. It finally got decent treatment in iOS 5.