What's new

No service after iphone 4 jailkbreak please help!!

jsm3131

Reaction score
I used jailbreak me to unlock my phone and it worked fine for two days and then last night it fluctuated between one bar, no service, and searching. can not make calls or text message. tried turning it on and off and resetting it nothing has worked. Please help.

Thanks John

Jailbreak me does not unlock your phone. Only jailbreak it. Unlock is a different thing. Install Ultrasnow from cydia to unlock your phone. You will need to be on an unlockable baseband...

try holding the power button and home button down simultaneously till the apple logo appears ( keep holding both down even when u see the slide to shut off screen) this has usually worked for me

Jailbreak me does not unlock your phone. Only jailbreak it. Unlock is a different thing. Install Ultrasnow from cydia to unlock your phone. You will need to be on an unlockable baseband...

Thanks for the help. Sorry if this is a stupoid question i have used the phone with atandt for a while and just recently used the jailbreak if i want to stay with atandt should i still unlock it. Also i left my apartment and i got very little service enought to recieve my text m,essages and voicemail but it keeps going back to no service. will the ultrasnow help with the service issues and i am noit sure what an unlockable baseband is.

if you unlock it it wont help with service, unlocking it means you can just use it with other carriers such a t-mobile,do you have a case on your phone? try taking it off i had a case that use to kill my reception, if the problem still continues, try using google voice or textfree which allow you to use wifi to make calls and texts ( don't worry its free you just get a free number from the application but also get to keep the att number)

no case and after i performed the jailbreak it worked excellent for a day or two and then all of a sudden last night i recieved either no service or one bar but not able to make calls.

You don't need to unlock if your staying with AT&T.

If you are experiencing problems with your phone best thing to do is a restore. Doing this will loose your jailbreak and any jailbreak apps/tweaks you have downloaded from cydia.

Which version is your phone on...?

i think i have the most recent version of the iphone software.

Go to settings > general > about and look for version.

If you have the latest version, 4.2.1, you will have a tethered jailbreak using redsnow...?

Well if you want to keep the jailbreak without being 'tethered' you will need to back up your SHSH's via cydia by pressing the make my life easier button or by using tiny umbrella. Then you can restore to 4.1 and use either greenpoision on limerain to jailbreak.

The untethered jailbreak for 4.2.1 is not far away so if you don't mind loosing the jailbreak or don't mind having a tethered jailbreak for a short time, just restore in iTunes normally and jailbreak with redsnow or wait for the untethered jailbreak...

My main goal is to use phone as a wireless signal for my iPad. Should I restore the phone and use another application?

Either back up your SHSH's in cydia like I explained in my last post. It may take a day or two to go through, or you could use tinyumbrella to do it immediately. Then you can restore to 4.1 and not 4.2.1 allowing you to jailbreak again with either greenpoison or limerain...

I restored the phone and it updated to 4.2.1. Nothing worked and I openedthe phone and it turned out u had a loose wire which has now been fixed. Thanks for the help. Any idea how close the 4.2.1 jailbreak?