What's new

No Facebook notifcation noise?

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
I'm still having the problem of no ringtone going off when I revive anything from Facebook on my phone. It has been like this since I got it. Everything else plays the sound. I have checked all my setting multiple times. Anyone else having this problem??

I think it's just the crappy Facebook app, I'm not on the latest version, like to wait to the next one comes out before updating

I used to get sounds about 3 fb updates ago. They stopped and have never been back. It's facebook and not the phone

Does anyone know when a fix might become available for the Facebook app without sound?

I have the same problem. I don't even get a vibration. I downloaded FB Messenger and it will let me know if I get a pm but no other notifications.

I think I'm going to go to FB app in the app store and give it a 1 star and let me them know about the no sounds issue.

dudeitsmattx said:
I'm still having the problem of no ringtone going off when I revive anything from Facebook on my phone. It has been like this since I got it. Everything else plays the sound. I have checked all my setting multiple times. Anyone else having this problem??

Don't worry. I am on iPad and I am also without rings on facebook notifications.

Yeah I have an iPad mini also and it's doing the same thing. Such bs

i dont think its a "problem". i think it was meant to be this way. i got used to the notification, but back then, when i make a comment on a persons status, and like 50 other ppl commented as well, it got pretty damn annoying having my phone ring every second for the next 10 minutes. so i think this was one of the reasons why they opted out on notification sounds. at first i thought i couldnt live without it, but i got used to it.

dudeitsmattx said:

I've had this problem since iOS 6 on my 4. Still no ringtone on the 5 either. You would think the app would be fixed by now.

The only time i get an alert sound is when someone mentions my name in facebook

Rest of the time, for example when somebody posts on my wall there will be no sound alert

bknewtype said:
i dont think its a "problem". i think it was meant to be this way. i got used to the notification, but back then, when i make a comment on a persons status, and like 50 other ppl commented as well, it got pretty damn annoying having my phone ring every second for the next 10 minutes. so i think this was one of the reasons why they opted out on notification sounds. at first i thought i couldnt live without it, but i got used to it.

Well if that is the case that the opted out on the sounds why would they only do it for I devices? Everyone I know with windows and android platforms has FB notification sounds