What's new

No FACE TIMR in my iphone 4 4.3.5

chzubair89 said:
Now tell me the solution???

The only thing any of us could say is that pakistan doesn't allow this feature. Contact your carrier. We have been trying to help you with this issue for two days and nothing seems to be working for you

Last edited:
Dig mountain and found mouse, and mouse also died!!!
I mean nothing got after two day work!!
Thanx for helping me!!!
I'll contact to my carrier provider.....!!!

iCrank said:
The only thing any of us could say is that pakistan doesn't allow this feature. Contact your carrier. We have been trying to help you with this issue for two days and nothing seems to be working for you
I think Pakistan is way way behind everyone else in offering technology so I would assume you do not have that option back there.... Sorry

After using all instructions i did not get Face Time..
Plz help me again.
I also update my iphone4 to 4.3.5
Still not get!!!
Helllllpppppppppppppp

Yeah im thinking Pakistan does not support the FaceTime feature. I did notice that you your restriction were enabled
tho. maybe if you disable them the FaceTime feature would appear. which really should not be the case, the toggle should be there whether its restricted or not. worth a try I guess. Like the others said. contact your provider. They will let you know.

Dig mountain and found mouse, and mouse also died!!!
I mean nothing got after two day work!!
Thanx for helping me!!!
I'll contact to my carrier provider.....!!!

Found this on a Facetime guid on the ne:

"Note that you will need normal cellular connectivity and the ability to send and receive text messages from your cellular phone number in order to complete FaceTime activation. If you do not have a cellular plan or SMS is not enabled for your account, you will not be able to enable FaceTime on your iPhone. In light of the addition of non-iPhone devices to the FaceTime network, and the eventual desire of users to continue using their iPhones on Wi-Fi networks after discontinuing their cellular service plans, it will be interesting to see whether Apple provides an option for registration of these devices—most likely using Apple IDs."

Hope this helps.

So do you have sms enabled? If not then you will never activate Facetime. please check back back after contacting your provider. I am very curious for an answer to your dilemma.

zig9449 said:
Found this on a Facetime guid on the ne:

"Note that you will need normal cellular connectivity and the ability to send and receive text messages from your cellular phone number in order to complete FaceTime activation. If you do not have a cellular plan or SMS is not enabled for your account, you will not be able to enable FaceTime on your iPhone. In light of the addition of non-iPhone devices to the FaceTime network, and the eventual desire of users to continue using their iPhones on Wi-Fi networks after discontinuing their cellular service plans, it will be interesting to see whether Apple provides an option for registration of these devices—most likely using Apple IDs."

Hope this helps.

I hv enabled sms and i sent nd received sms,
I"m crazy to knw this.... Hw to get fsce time..

Attachments

• $image-3823153980.jpg
    $image-3823153980.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 456
  • $image-1290035521.jpg
    $image-1290035521.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 468
  • $image-4086101763.jpg
    $image-4086101763.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 453
I never use face time as it only works on wifi and only to other apple users, why dont you download Skype and use that instead. Works much better on 3G and wifi.

iPhone, iPad, AppleTV, got the T-Shirt

lesfield said:
I never use face time as it only works on wifi and only to other apple users, why dont you download Skype and use that instead. Works much better on 3G and wifi.

iPhone, iPad, AppleTV, got the T-Shirt

I've Skype and Enjoying Video calling,
Reason is that why this function is missing in my iphone...!!
I wanna solve this problem and intrested to solve it...!!
Join me on skype
Ch.zubair89
For further disscussion.....!!!

chzubair89 said:
I've Skype and Enjoying Video calling,
Reason is that why this function is missing in my iphone...!!
I wanna solve this problem and intrested to solve it...!!
Join me on skype
Ch.zubair89
For further disscussion.....!!!

Have you ever checked with your carrier. Pakistan probably has restrictions up. It's not the most stable place in the world.

iCrank said:
Have you ever checked with your carrier. Pakistan probably has restrictions up. It's not the most stable place in the world.

I called to Carrier Provider TELENOR.com.pk they don't know about Face Time.....lolxxxx
Very few pple know abt iphone here in PAKISTAN..
98.5% people used NOKIA cell phones.....

iCrank said:

I called to Carrier Provider TELENOR.com.pk they don't know about Face Time.....lolxxxx
Very few pple know abt iphone here in PAKISTAN..
98.5% people used NOKIA cell phones.....

Beleive it or not I think I figured this out. I beleive your phone does not have the Facetime feature because of you carrier. I do not know if this is 100% true............well because..............how could I.lol

Okay, Apparently you have to jailbreak your iPhone to enable Facetime in Pakistan! hmmmm. weird, I know. any way, You are going to have to do this with redsn0w 0.9.8b7b. It must be this version of redsn0w and you must follow the directions exactly. And please make sure you have a good understanding of the difference between a tethered and untethered JB before doing it. watch you tube videos. After you jailbreak you have to open Cydia, let it load and search for "MiTime", install it. simply install MiTime app from cydia (You will need to google for instructions on how to do it, easily available over the internet). Once you get to a point where the app states that your phone is compatible to be activated with facetime, it will give you code to purchase a license for $4.99. Go to www.mitime.info for more details. You will also need to have a paypal account to purchase the license but since paypal is not available in Pakistan, you will need help from someone who does (some relative in US?). I am not exactly sure if I am allowed to post the source link where I got this info from but if not then PM me.

You simply do not have Facetime because almost all carriers in Pakistan do not allow that feature. I think the the only Pakistan carriers that support Facetime are mobilink and ufone. But like I said. I dont know anything about Pakistan.

Chances are they got to choose at one point in time whether to enable Facetime for there customers and your carrier said no thanks to the feature, and maybe thats why the employees know nothing about it. the higher ups made the decision.

Last edited: