What's new

Newbie question - how do I set my name to show on my calls?

That generally would be on the user's side AFAIK. Or, you can contact your service provider and see if they have the option to display your name and number. I know that most of the major carriers allows you to do so like Verizon and AT&T as well I believe.

Seettings>Phone>Calls> Show my caller id.
Toggle that on. That will show your phone number to those you call. I believe for the name to show, you have to be on their contacts list.

Seettings>Phone>Calls> Show my caller id. Toggle that on. That will show your phone number to those you call. I believe for the name to show, you have to be on their contacts list.

I don't have this on my Verizon iPhone 4S with iOS 7.04. Does anyone know why?

This is a long time feature so it should be on any version of iphone unless you do not have caller id provided by Verizon. And I thought it was a part of Verizon's iphone service so maybe you can check again in Settings.

Verizon will add the toggle for "Show Caller ID" for $2.99 per month. My ID shows all the time. But if I don't want it to show, I dial *67 then the number. That's easier than going to settings and turning the toggle, which I'm not going to pay for.