What's new

New to 4s from Android

moparharn

Reaction score
New 4S user needs a little help.
1. If the phone is turned off, either plugging it in or unplugging it will turn the phone back on. Is there a setting to keep the phone off once it has been turned off, regardless of whether you are plugging in or disconnecting?

2. When I bought the phone, the sales person told me the phone had a notification light. So far I am seeing no light. Is there a setting for this?

3. Skype is going to be VERY important for me. I am reading that the new Skype software does not run well at all. I read also that a program called Tango is better. Will Tango work with Android phones and PC's? If not, do I have and good video call options?

4. When you double click the home button it shows you your open apps. Many of these apps are ones that I use throughout the day. Do I save much battery by turning off the apps all the time? Why don't they just turn off when you exit the apps if it is important for battery consumption? Is there a setting or app that will help me conserve power without having to manually do this turning off?

Thank you for any help I might get. Bill

When I browse my favorite forum, I must zoom to read and the double click only increases the size very little (still unreadable). When I pinch zoom, the text goes outside of the margins. Will certain websites not auto fit?

Thanks for any help I can get with my questions. Bill

G'day & welcome to the forum!!!! :)

1. Plugging phone in does not turn it on. It just shows the battery indicator.
2. the notification light is the flash from the camera. Its in settings somewhere.

Go to settings, general then accessibility. Look for flash alert. You don't always have to close out the open apps, they don't use as much power as on android. On android people used app killer to save power, you don't really need to worry about it with your iPhone. FaceTime is way better then Skype or valingo or whatever it's called. Only down side is you need a Mac product on both ends to use it.

When I browse my favorite forum, I must zoom to read and the double click only increases the size very little (still unreadable). When I pinch zoom, the text goes outside of the margins. Will certain websites not auto fit?

Thanks for any help I can get with my questions. Bill

The auto fit of my old android was the best feature...any help out there on does the iPhone 4s have this feature or an app...also miss google maps...

Getting to know the new iPhone, so far so good...

No it does not. And ever Android convert, including me, misses google navigation.