What's new

New member with jailbreak/cydia issue

They are on cydia server. Yeah, its host file error. You should do the folowing. Download official 6.1 iOs and latest redsnow. Create custom Ipsw with shsh stich process. Use online option since you dont have it on computer. It will ask you to preserve bb i would say yes to it. Put the phone in DFU mode and do restore with redsnow without any errors. Jailbreak can be done with evasion. I didnt see which model of ip u have.

ok... few questions.
I was able to get my shsh using tiny umbrella, but they are for 5.1.1. I would like to restore to 6.1 but do not have the blobs for that. The "stich with online option" isnt showing up for me. So what is my best option just restore to 5.1.1 or find shsh for 6.1 ( which I'm not sure how to get )

ok... few questions.
I was able to get my shsh using tiny umbrella, but they are for 5.1.1. I would like to restore to 6.1 but do not have the blobs for that. The "stich with online option" isnt showing up for me. So what is my best option just restore to 5.1.1 or find shsh for 6.1 ( which I'm not sure how to get )

If you don't have blobs for a particular iOS version, you can't restore to that iOS. Blobs are unique to a device and blobs from another device cannot be used. Blobs for a particular iOS version can only be saved while Apple is still signing that iOS.

ok I have an update. I tried everything suggested but had no luck at all..........tried over and over. Started looking into ssh cydia into my phone with winscp but could not connect because I had not ever loaded ssh sharing or toggle from cydia. I stumbled acrossed someone using ifunbox to access their iphone so I downloaded it and hooked it up. I was shocked to see a cydia file mixed in with everything listed under my device. When I opened that file I noticed under the empty box it said something to the affect that if cydia installer was loaded here it would load up on reboot. $ifunbox.jpgJust as a long shot I thru this in there....( http://cache.saurik.com/debs/cydia_1.1.8_iphoneos-arm.deb ) ejected my device, powered it off and back on, and guess what was there........My Cydia app. ........