What's new

New member need help

krist8

Reaction score
Just got my iphone4 today, unlock through Apple, Canada. I have a UK sim (Mobal). I cut it down to size, inserted it, but does not work.

It says to insert sim card with no pin.

My UK sim has sim lock pin. Does it mean it will not work on iphone4 ? It works on my Sony Erricson phone and works world wide.

Hi Bro, You have to order for Microsim from your network provider. Cutting is not the way to prepare microsim. Nowdays, the providers providing sim with a slim outlined cover which can use for both phones. After that only you can check your baseband is restricted or not. Now the sim might not work properly

Thanks. I went out and bought a new microsim. The circuit board is smaller than my self made one. That explains why it did not work. Anyway, with the new sim, I was able to unlock and phone by hooking it up to iTunes (I did not have to sign up to any 3G network). After that, I do not need the sim at all to use it in wifi mode. I'll have to ask Mobal to provide a proper microsim so I can use the phone when I need to (I do not use the phone much, hence I use Mobal which is post paid and works around most of the world where there is GSM).

I finally got my sim converted to microsim and it is working. This web-site (posted by one of the members here) is the best.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B0G_qjebJY[/ame]

After watching this video, I realized that the method from other sites are not correct. Followed this video to correct what I did and it works.