What's new

hello i am new and need some help

iphone4marcus

Reaction score
hi not sure if this is in the right section but can i jailbreak unlock my iphone 4 that is currently on the telia Sweden network and then make it work in the uk on any network?

i just brought the iphone 4 on ebay and it says it is locked to telia sweden but i am in the uk and want to use it in the uk on my vodaphone sim.

if this would work what jailbreak should i use ect?

THANK YOU very much for any replies.

In order to software unlock your iPhone, it has to have a unlockable baseband. What baseband are you on?

If your baseband isn't unlockable, you can always check to see if your
iPhone can be factory unlocked.

Via Tapatalk

It's very unlikely your baseband will be supported by ultrasn0w now. Try the official unlock or search google for downgrading baseband. Probably easier just to factory unlock though. Might even be free if you go about it right.

He mentioned being on iPhone 4 which is not able to downgrade baseband. Only iPhone 3G & 3GS is able to downgrade baseband. S

Via Tapatalk

Funny that. I downgraded mine no problem. But it says all over the web it's not possible. Ill try get a video up on how I did it.

It's impossible to downgrade the iPhone 4 and above's baseband. There is no exploit to do so, not even on a developer cracked iPhone.

Funny that. I downgraded mine no problem. But it says all over the web it's not possible. Ill try get a video up on how I did it.

It's impossible to downgrade the iPhone 4 and above's baseband. There is no exploit to do so, not even on a developer cracked iPhone.
+1... it's just not possible to downgrade an iPhone 4's baseband. No ifs, ands, or buts! But by all means... post up a video of how you've accomplished this. Chances are it'll blow the iPhone 4 Unlocking world wide open. :)

I totally agree with Thomasjtsi, there is no tool that will downgrade iPhone 4 baseband.

Like I mentioned already, iPhone 3G & 3GS is the only iPhones that can get their baseband downgraded and the only tool to do is redsn0w.

Via Tapatalk

thanks for the replies, so if i downgrade the baseband and unlock the phone will i then be able to use it in the uk on vodafone? will it be standard network charges or international charges? thanks

thanks for the replies, so if i downgrade the baseband and unlock the phone will i then be able to use it in the uk on vodafone? will it be standard network charges or international charges? thanks
Once you have the BB downgraded and unlocked... you can use any GSM SIM card. Network and International charges... that depends on how much Vodafone charges.