What's new

New iphone 5/6 charger?

Gguy

Reaction score
Hello, has anybody seen before this pin? it kinda looks like lightning and supposed to charge iphone 5 and 6, but looks a bit different.
If you know the name of it please let me know.
Thanks

Attachments

• 2015-09-13_0627.png
    2015-09-13_0627.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 677
  • 2015-09-13_0628.png
    2015-09-13_0628.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 594
Hello, has anybody seen before this pin? it kinda looks like lightning and supposed to charge iphone 5 and 6, but looks a bit different.
If you know the name of it please let me know.
Thanks
It appears to be an unauthorized counterfeit that, while it may connect to your iPhone, should probably not be used. Here's the Apple support site to help you spot counterfeit charging connectors. Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories - Apple Support
Notice the differences between that connector and a genuine lightning connector. As well as a different shape, some of the contacts are missing, probably the ones used for data transfer.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
It appears to be an unauthorized counterfeit that, while it may connect to your iPhone.

My problem is I use my iPhone charge for my old iPhone 5S for long time. 10. 22 that day ,suddenly doesn't work and shows the error above.At the first page, I think my iPhone have the problem until i bought the new charge and works. I really don't know if the USB work before and should not be have unauthorized counterfeit error showing up.