What's new

New guy - droid broken - verizon hates me

brock

Reaction score
Bought a droid the day it came out, modded the crap out of it, was a good phone but a little laggy. I actually enjoyed watching android transform into a more polished OS. But dammit, I went through 4 refurbished droids and my 4th one wont charge anymore, so its time for a new phone.

Now, I call verizon and ask them if I can get another refurb, BUT they say the phone is out of warranty. I'm nice to the customer service rep and tell him my story and ask if I can do an early upgrade, he tells me I can pay a $20 fee and get an early upgrade so I tell him I will call back when my paycheck comes through. Fast forward to tonight, I got my tax check so I can afford a new phone now, and after playing around with an ip4, I decide that the build quality is superior to any of the android phones and has a much more polished OS (but way too many damn expensive apps, lol) Well the rep tells me the ip4 is the ONLY phone I can't use an early upgrade for. WTF? Fail.

So now I am stuck with no phone. Well scratch that. My fiance's sister has an OLD ASS motorola Q I can use until July 6 when my upgrade is due. Guess I'll get the ip5. Thanks for listening to my rant.

Does the Motorola have Snake on it? Best game ever.

Also, I'd hold on if you can for the ip5!

Or try and get your contract to renew now so you can keep the unlimited Data plan that they will be phasing out this summer.

never checked for snake, and cant now... lol.

from what i understand unlimited data plans will be able to be grandfathered in. so i won't have to worry about that. i'll also be able to use my new every two on the iphone5. hopefully it comes out for verizon before my renewal date.

Well I hope it all works out for you! Welcome to the forums and hope you stick around and enjoy them!

UPDATE: I went to the store and tried to get the early upgrade there, they told me that they can't even do early upgrades in the stores. The guy was cool and tried to talk to his manager, but no dice. So I came home and tried calling customer service and luckily got a hold of a guy who was around my age and super cool. Said he has no idea why the other customer service rep told me they couldn't give me an iphone. So now my iphone is in the mail. SWEET! Now i bet the iphone 5 will be announced in 2 weeks.