What's new

New game. How do you promote it?

BBandGigi

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
We just finished a game for iPhones and iPads and we were wondering how to promote it. So, here is a question for all developers out there: How do you promote a game? How do you get reviews?
And I am wondering this since I talked to many people - all busy with other game reviews. So how do you do it? How do you make a game stand out of the hundreds of thousands of games in the Apple Store?

You can start by creating a proper thread for your new game, introduction of the game, purpose and objective of the game. Post in some hot screenshots of the game in your introduction thread. Be careful to not create the same topic all over the forum as people will take you and your post as spammer and spamming. Make the game in the apps store free first and ask user to rate and leave comments. If your game is good and addictive, that's all you will have to do eventually for it to go pop. You can also promote it on other forums.

Thank you for the advice !!!
So game has to be free first ?

Thank you for the advice !!!
So game has to be free first ?

doesn't have to be free but it helps with getting the initial users and reviews. People tend to not buy games with zero reviews.

it always helps to offer it for free for X number of days as like an introductory promo...

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know you can make it free just for a few days. :)

Hey, if you are willing to give a review, I am willing to give you a promo code :)

The character jumps and you have helpers and enemies, besides that, nothing alike. :)

I did try to submit it but no news yet. I guess they are just too busy. :(

As an app developer you should release your app as soon as the review is finished.

Create your Press Kit : Press kit make it easier for app reviewers to do their jobs.

Press Release : Write a press release as it is intended for distribution to a wide range of media outlets.

iTunes Store App Page : Make sure whether your iTunes Store App Page is attractive in order to achieve more downloads.

Send Promo Codes : promo codes is a famous marketing technique for app developers, with 69% of respondents sending out using this.

Submit Reviews : Submit your app to the quality review sites and get huge amount of reviews.

Make a Trailer : Trailers, previews and sneak-peak videos makes customers excited.

I think the above mentioned suggestions will help you to make your app standout.