What's new

New from Texas

smith5081

Reaction score
I just recently got a iphone and have some questions I'm hoping to find answers to in the forum. I think I should be able to find most by just scanning the forum but if I don't you will hear from me. Hope that's alright.

G'day and welcome to the forum!!! :)

Hi from Abilene, Smith.... What sort of questions do you have? This is a great place for answers.

Hi from Abilene, Smith.... What sort of questions do you have? This is a great place for answers.
Well my biggest questions have to do with getting apps that allow me to customize the phone the way I want to. I think that requires me to "jailbreak" the phone which I "tried" to do and got into nothing but trouble with the tethered version so I'm looking for information that might tell me what I did wrong or when the untethered version of jailbreak for IOS 5.0 will be available. If I had known the darn thing was locked up so bad I would never have got one. What a terrible idea Jobs had for keep everything so "in house". So any idea when the untethered version for 5.0 will be available? Any other way to get rid of that silly "Slide to unlock" feature you run into right off the bat?

Wow, you're way above my pay-grade, Smith..... Hopefully someone else here can aid you.

smith5081 said:
Well my biggest questions have to do with getting apps that allow me to customize the phone the way I want to. I think that requires me to "jailbreak" the phone which I "tried" to do and got into nothing but trouble with the tethered version so I'm looking for information that might tell me what I did wrong or when the untethered version of jailbreak for IOS 5.0 will be available. If I had known the darn thing was locked up so bad I would never have got one. What a terrible idea Jobs had for keep everything so "in house". So any idea when the untethered version for 5.0 will be available? Any other way to get rid of that silly "Slide to unlock" feature you run into right off the bat?

Here's a thread containing all of the current jailbreaking methods for every firmware. Hope this helps!

Jailbreaking methods.

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/jailbreaking-methods-iphone-18519/