What's new

New Convert (begrudgingly, no offense)

audiobomber

Reaction score
Hi, I'm coming here because I moved to Seattle and cannot acquire good data streaming on my beloved MetroPCS here. I switched to Verizon and needed a phone on the cheap so I opted for the free iphone 4 they offer. I realize it is rather dated at this point but, it seemed superior to any of the droid offers; mostly due to the camera specs at that level of processor. I'm brand new to iphones but, do have experience rooting and flashing custom roms on androids. I haven't received the phone yet and couldn't find on Verizon's site whether or not the iphone 4 now comes with 5.1 iOS installed. Also, it'd be great to know which jailbreak program is most highly recommended.
Thanks!

Chances are it'll come pre-loaded w/ iOS 6.0. However, there's the slight chance that you'll end up w/ an older stock that still has 5.1.1 on it. Either way, once you have your iPhone in hand let us know what version it's running and we'll see where things are at w/ Jailbreaking it.
Thomasjtsi, iPF Staff

Hi again! Thanks for the warm reception guys, I appreciate it. So my 8 gb Iphone4 arrived in the mail today from Verizon. It came with 5.1.1 and I already updated it to 6, (I figured it'd be best before I start plugging info into it). So, now I'd love to jailbreak this thing and hope some of you could steer me in the right direction. Oh, and also, is there an easy way to get your contacts to be listed by the first letter of the first name only??
Thanks!

Hi again! Thanks for the warm reception guys, I appreciate it. So my 8 gb Iphone4 arrived in the mail today from Verizon. It came with 5.1.1 and I already updated it to 6, (I figured it'd be best before I start plugging info into it). So, now I'd love to jailbreak this thing and hope some of you could steer me in the right direction. Oh, and also, is there an easy way to get your contacts to be listed by the first letter of the first name only??
Thanks!
On the phone
Settings >Mail,Contacts,Calendars
Scroll down to Sort Order and Display order

Hmm. From the looks of it, updating to iOS 6 was a mistake if I'm intending to jailbreak...