What's new

Netflix Arrives in the UK

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
4420-netflix-uk-app.JPG

Netflix announced today via its blog that it is now available in the UK and Ireland, with its universal iPhone and iPad app being launched in the UK and Ireland app stores, as well as streaming services on smart TVs, game consoles and computers. In the blog post, Netflix chief product officer Neil Hunt says that the company has spent the past four years refining the streaming players for the various devices. Netflix has also partnered with Facebook for seamless sharing of suggestions as to what film or TV show you should be watching. The universal app enables you to watch streaming TV shows and movies on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, including the likes of Prison Break and Damages. The app is free, but Netflix membership costs £5.99/€6.99, and you can also sign up for a month’s free trial via Facebook by clicking here: https://signup.netflix.com/home?country=1&rdirfdc=true

Click here to download the free app: App Store - Netflix

Source: http://blog.netflix.com/2012/01/netflix-launches-in-uk-ireland-today.html, via MacRumors

Pretty good news for the UK and Ireland. Hopefully they will extend their offer to other European countries as well. Netflix would be a real alternative to their pay-tv offers.

It's not available in Gibraltar well you can get the app but not stream anything :/

Gibraltar is in south of spain but we belong to UK hence we use the uk app store.
I've been waiting to get netflix and was excited to hear but you can't watch anything on it :/
Hopefully they make that happen soon.

I've been waiting for netflix to come to the uk for a long time now. I hope it lives up to it's American reputation...

iGaz said:
I've been waiting for netflix to come to the uk for a long time now. I hope it lives up to it's American reputation...

Netflix is being advertised on Irish tv channels and all today