What's new

Need some help

MksTn

Reaction score
When I receive an email or get a phone call my phone flash goes off. I can't seem to find the area to turn the flash feature off. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Hi, Go to Settings - General - Accessibility - LED flash for alerts....Toggle it to off.

Thanks... I looked everywhere except Accessibility. That is an odd place to put it.

You're welcome......I guess it had to go somewhere :)

Thanks... I looked everywhere except Accessibility. That is an odd place to put it.
They probably put the feature in the accessibility section because having the flash go off to announce an incoming phone call would be essential to someone with a hearing disability who couldn't hear the phone ring.

I think it wasn't even available until IOS 4.something or 5, on the IPhone 4. Could be my most needed setting.

They probably put the feature in the accessibility section because having the flash go off to announce an incoming phone call would be essential to someone with a hearing disability who couldn't hear the phone ring.
Exactly. I am deaf so I rely on the flash for some things, I'm very glad the setting is there.

It is a great setting.... I used it for a long time but decided the drain on the battery was not worth it