What's new

Need how to use iphone4 for dummy's.

420benz

Reaction score
Getting ready to dump my T-Moble My Touch. Need help in a CD,link or book.BTW: At&t or Verizon.
Also what the heck is Jailbreak?

Last edited:
Did you root your last phone? If so Jailbreaking is much like rooting. Now in my experience if you do not absolutely have to have control of your phone no need to jailbreak. I would say half of the people here are jb'd I am not. The process to do it is easy and everything went smoothly. When I tried to go back to stock, (just to do the full circle process) my phone locked on the boot screen. After some research I got it working again. After that I won't try it again for a long time. I almost bricked a 650 dollar phone.
To answer your question with a little more clarity. You can add third party app's that apple will not allow in the app store. On android they are called 3rd party app's. You can change colors on your home screen, font style, size...all you need to do is google it and you will see all you could ever care to know.
Good luck with whatever you want to do

There are a few books out there. I've not been able to find the iPhone 4 for dummies but I did get one called iPhone in easy steps by Drew Provan. It's pretty good and reasonably priced. Check on Amazon if you're not in a hurry!

Also I'm working on a list of phrases and terms that people use here frequently that noobs and rookies like you and me don't always understand. I suggested that some sort of Glossary be made and one of the Mods said he'd make a sticky.... so stay tuned :)

There are a few books out there. I've not been able to find the iPhone 4 for dummies but I did get one called iPhone in easy steps by Drew Provan. It's pretty good and reasonably priced. Check on Amazon if you're not in a hurry!

Also I'm working on a list of phrases and terms that people use here frequently that noobs and rookies like you and me don't always understand. I suggested that some sort of Glossary be made and one of the Mods said he'd make a sticky.... so stay tuned :)

So let me see if i understand Jailbreaking. If i do not Jailbreak,i can only use the Apple Apps. If i chose to Jailbreak i will be able to use Droid or down load Apps.

Correct. As for what Apps you can use if you Jailbreak, it seems that most people get apps from Cydia. Since I am not planning on jail-breaking my phone, I can't say for sure. So I would post that question in the section called iPhone Hacking...

One more question. I was told that T-Moble has a new phone called Sensation that has two processors and is much faster then the iphone 4g.

I'm not sure about that phone... I had a TMobile Dash prior to getting my iPhone a couple of months ago. At the time I loved my Dash, but now I realize how awesome life is with an iPhone! :iphone4vert:

My contract with T-Moble is over in Jan 2012. They want 200.00 to cancel. Bummer.

I just did a search online of my library and found quite a bit of titles for Iphones. Everything from basic use to developing apps. Just requested a couple that sparked my interest.

I just did a search online of my library and found quite a bit of titles for Iphones. Everything from basic use to developing apps. Just requested a couple that sparked my interest.

Are these online and public? If so would you post a link?