What's new

Need Help Finding iPhone 4 Case!

hailofarrows

Reaction score
I have had a Verizon iPhone 4 since the week before it came out back in February. I've loved the phone. I got the Incipio DRX case and really liked it. I have the BodyGuardz screen protector on the front of the phone. The case completely ruined the screen protector. I just got a replacement in today and want to get a new case. I can't seem to find a case that has all what I'm looking for. I'd really appreciate some suggestions though. Here is what I'm looking for in a case:

1. Won't lift/bubble my screen protector.

2. Will keep a tight fit around my phone and won't stretch. I don't need a case that will keep my phone alive from a 10 story building drop, but just something that won't scratch the phone and will survive a drop from my waist.

3. Has a simple look. I don't want anything bulky/showy/too vibrant looking. I want a case that will keep the shape of the phone. That's one thing I really like about my Incipio case is that it's a very simple case.

4. I like the case to cover the sleep/wake button, volume buttons.

5. It can't cause reflection for the camera/flash. I want to make sure none of my pictures look washed out.

I was looking at cases for a while and found myself looking at two, but would like more suggestions. I saw the Switcheasy Colors (in black with red home button) and the IvySkin Wrangler.

Please let me know of any suggestions of cases that fit my criteria listed above. Thanks!

Check out the rearth case. I just ordered one and it looks like a solid option.

Check out the rearth case. I just ordered one and it looks like a solid option.

I looked it up on YouTube and don't like the Apple symbol cutout. As you can tell, I'm pretty picky haha. What can I say, I want to make sure I get something nice for my $300 phone haha.

Any other suggestions that fits the criteria I put in the first post?

Last edited:
I need some suggestions asap because I got my replacement BodyGuardz today and want to get a new case to replace this one with asap so I can apply my new screen protector.

How is the IvySkin Wrangler case? I can't seem to find any reviews on it.

I have case obsession too so I understand. I like the casecrown slider case too. Fits all ur criteria except covering the sleep button. The button is slightly recessed though. It is a hard case.

If you're that picky I would suggest going into best buy mobile or something and ask if you can try the cases out. I'm picky about my case as well but as long as my 300 phone is protected I'm alright.

Well first I'd like to ask if anybody has had any experiences with the Switcheasy Colors or the IvySkin Wrangler.

Does the Switcheasy Colors attract lint/is it hard to get out of your pocket? Also, does it get loose after the phone has been in the case for a little while?

I literally can't find anything on the IvySkin Wrangler, anybody have any information on that? It seems like a nice case, but I want to get some feedback on it before spending $49.99 for a case haha.

Couple vids on ivyskin on YouTube.

None that I can find that are specifically for the IvySkin Wrangler for the iPhone 4. They have the Quattro 4, but that's a different case completely. I can't find any reviews or videos for the Wrangler. It states that the case won an award though on their page. Here's the link to the case I'm talking about:

moderate - no external links to products!

14. DO NOT advertise anything that costs money. Anyone trying to use iPhone4forum to*advertise their paid app or any other item for sale will be banned and their posts will be deleted. The only exception is approved items posted in the iPhone4 App Store section

That page has some reviews, but I would like to read more detailed reviews.

Also, what are your opinions on the Switcheasy Color Cases? I think at the moment, the two cases I'm deciding between are the Switcheasy Colors and the IvySkin Wrangler. That is unless I get suggestions that I really like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would really appreciate if somebody who has information on the IvySkin Wrangler could comment on whether or not it will lift the screen protector.

hailofarrows said:
I would really appreciate if somebody who has information on the IvySkin Wrangler could comment on whether or not it will lift the screen protector.

I would love to help but I dont have any experience with the case. Try google for reviews. This is what I came up with.

The worst case I have ever purchased, the materials feel cheap, the customer support is non existent. The “sales rep” didn’t have proper grammar, his grammar was so bad that even I a non native speaker noticed.

The case I received isn’t even the one IvySkin shows in its website, the box and the instruction manual says it is a Quattr4 case and not a Wrangler case. My case has rubbery-cheap black power and volume buttons which provide absolutely no tactile feedback when pressing the buttons and the top and bottom parts leave a small gap between them when I put them on my phone. The sales rep said the gap was caused because I removed the case incorrectly (no instructions manual provided) and then stopped answering me when I asked them why my case is different than the one pictured in their website and what the procedure that causes the gap is.

Overall, it’s a terrible case and an even worse company.

Last edited:
hailofarrows said:

I would love to help but I dont have any experience with the case. Try google for reviews. This is what I came up with.

The worst case I have ever purchased, the materials feel cheap, the customer support is non existent. The “sales rep” didn’t have proper grammar, his grammar was so bad that even I a non native speaker noticed.

The case I received isn’t even the one IvySkin shows in its website, the box and the instruction manual says it is a Quattr4 case and not a Wrangler case. My case has rubbery-cheap black power and volume buttons which provide absolutely no tactile feedback when pressing the buttons and the top and bottom parts leave a small gap between them when I put them on my phone. The sales rep said the gap was caused because I removed the case incorrectly (no instructions manual provided) and then stopped answering me when I asked them why my case is different than the one pictured in their website and what the procedure that causes the gap is.

Overall, it’s a terrible case and an even worse company.

Those are from Amazon's customer reviews right? Wow, didn't see those. Will avoid IvySkin then. Thanks!

Do you know of any other cases that cover the home button like that case does but is known to be reliable? I'm considering buying the SwitchEasy Colors because they said that they'll give me a full refund or replacement if it's within the 2 year warranty even if I end up not liking it when I get it.

However, I'd like to see if there's any other cases that cover the home button area and won't lift the screen protector (I like the look and feel of that).

hailofarrows said:
Those are from Amazon's customer reviews right? Wow, didn't see those. Will avoid IvySkin then. Thanks!

Do you know of any other cases that cover the home button like that case does but is known to be reliable? I'm considering buying the SwitchEasy Colors because they said that they'll give me a full refund or replacement if it's within the 2 year warranty even if I end up not liking it when I get it.

However, I'd like to see if there's any other cases that cover the home button area and won't lift the screen protector (I like the look and feel of that).

I couldn't give you precise info bc I only use the otterbox defender. You can also try the griffin survivor

Oh dear...I hope you didn't go with Ivyskin! Their customer service is a NIGHTMARE!!! Since having my issues with them, have noticed many others with similar complaints!