What's new

Need advice

bengangooly

Reaction score
Hi - I have an iPhone 4 which is on its way out. Camera stopped working etc.
Apple has offered to replace it for £119 but my contract runs out in June so I imagine Carphone Warehouse will give me a new phone then as long as I sign up for another contract.

However, I'm told the new iPhone 5 will be out in October (the guy in the shop said there's a rumour it will be out on the anniversary of Steve Jobs' death.

Question is - what's the best thing to do? Could pay £119 then sell it in June when I'm entitled to new phone? But then I would be tied into a contract and miss out on iPhone 5.

Any advice welcome!

You would miss out on the iPhone 5 regaurdless if you upgraded to a new phone with a new contract. Getting you iPhone replaced by Apple has no effect on your Carriers upgrade plan.

If you can make do without the camera function then hang on and wait for the new idevice release.

Or pay the £119 for a replacement and then sell it on the release of the new iPhone to accumulate some funds to offset against the price of the new one , sim free direct from Apple.

The actual release date of the next iPhone is just smoke and mirrors mixed with chinese rumours and conspiracy theories at present.