What's new

Mystery shut down

PeterMac

Reaction score
Just received a temporary replacement iPhone X 256 GB while Apple repairs my screen on the original. Finished the setup and now every few minutes it just shuts down and then reboots. I’ve done manual shut down and reboot but can’t figure out how to stop the mystery shut downs. Any ideas? Thanks

Just received a temporary replacement iPhone X 256 GB while Apple repairs my screen on the original. Finished the setup and now every few minutes it just shuts down and then reboots. I’ve done manual shut down and reboot but can’t figure out how to stop the mystery shut downs. Any ideas? Thanks

Also noted that the shut down corresponds to a rapid draining of the battery from 100% to Zero in matter of seconds. Then when it reboots the battery is back to full. Repeats about every 5 minutes

Your temporary replacement iPhone sounds like it has some kind of hardware fault. Bring it to Apple’s attention when you return it.

Hello, what a pleasure to greet you, well, for what you say, it is very likely that your temporary replacement iPhone has some kind of hardware failure, it is the most viable thing, I recommend you to contact Apple once something similar happened to me in my case the phone calls the audio was a disaster call and they replaced my equipment with another momentarily

Hello, what a pleasure to greet you, well, for what you say, it is very likely that your temporary replacement iPhone has some kind of hardware failure, it is the most viable thing, I recommend you to contact Apple once something similar happened to me in my case the phone calls the audio was a disaster call and they replaced my equipment with another momentarily

I did contact Apple support and they were very helpful. They did a swap out replacement on an expedited basis, replacement arrived and per their suggestion I did a “new” start and all went flawlessly. Only issue I have is how do I now go back to iCloud and retrieve all that I had on the phone that was replaced. Do I just do a restore or am I too late. 3 weeks into this.

Apple has the best customer service of any company that I’ve ever dealt with