What's new

My iphone 4 dies at 32%why

zach6978

Reaction score
My iPhone 4 is dieing at 32% it's new so I don't know why this happening is there some way to fix it or do I need to take it to the store

apple will completely replace the phone if they prove defective battery, &' dying at 32% is definitely along the lines of defective battery.

How do I do a clean restart
In your iPhone, go to settings> general> reset> erase all content ad settings/ Notice that this will wipe all your personal info, apps, songs, video etc. Remember to back up your files before erasing all content and settings.

Thats not what I meant and you havent asked him if he is jailbroken (should never do a Restore all settings from the phone if so).

Hook up the phone to itunes and backup everything (right click and transfer purchases and backup iphone) and then hit Restore.
When it asks you, choose SETUP AS NEW not restore from backup

Thats not what I meant and you havent asked him if he is jailbroken (should never do a Restore all settings from the phone if so).

Hook up the phone to itunes and backup everything (right click and transfer purchases and backup iphone) and then hit Restore.
When it asks you, choose SETUP AS NEW not restore from backup
the procedure i just mentioned up there is 100% the same as performing a factory restore via iTunes. The benefit here is that you are not going to connect your iPhone to your computer before doing that factory restore. So going to settings> general> reset> erase all content and settings is = to factory restore. Nothing less or more.

but its not jailborken

Perform a complete factory reset via your iTunes. Do remember to backup your files, also use a pen and paper to write down your important contacts you need for few days because the most important will be to not restore your backup file after doing the factory restore, use the phone that way for a couple of days and see how the battery is doing.
Corrupted files affecting the battery might be within your backup files.