What's new

Multiple Custom Ringtones

ffaorlandu

Reaction score
I'm having trouble getting my iPhone to show more than 1 custom ringtone at a time. They're the right format, under 30 seconds long and I can play them. But when I put more than one on the phone, it only shows the one that starts with the highest alpha character. I don't sync my phone, I add everything manually. Does anyone know if this is an iPhone problem or an iTunes 10 problem? I haven't tried actually syncing it because I would have to sync my 1700 songs again.

Thanks for the input.

why dont you just connect your iphone, and check the box that says sync only checked songs and videos...but just make sure none are checked, and that way you can sync your ringtones

Doing that, it still wants to sync my songs, movies, and apps which erases them first. It won't let me manually manage the songs, etc and only sync my ringtones.

have you tried going to each and every tab, songs, movies, and im not sure about the apps, but there is a box that says sync music, and sync movies, make sure they are unchecked

found the answer on another site... I used it, and it worked

To all people having this issue I’ve found what I think is a fix; make sure that the ringtones are in your itunes library, delete them from your phone, lock your phone, add them back and then sync.
It worked for me

found the answer on another site... I used it, and it worked

To all people having this issue I’ve found what I think is a fix; make sure that the ringtones are in your itunes library, delete them from your phone, lock your phone, add them back and then sync.
It worked for me

I wasn't syncing my phone though. I wanted to add everything manually. But in the end I just gave in and synced everything. Now it shows all my ringtones. I preferred manually updated my music and movies but oh well.