What's new

Modifying Home Screen

DallasFan

Reaction score
I changed my home screen to a weather version, so I can get the date, time, and temperature.

But the temperature is displayed in font size 1. Even the air quality index is displayed with a larger font, but it is not as useful.

Is there a way to make the temperature larger? I tried tapping and expanding the temperature icon, but it remains the same size.

If I tap it several times, it takes me to another screen with the local weather forecast.

But I don't want that. I just want to see the temperature without having to squint my eyes, or give it any consideration.

Is it possible to make the temperature larger?

Attachments

• Home Screen.jpg
    Home Screen.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 30
It’s not possible to customize the widgets on the lock screen, apart from using Larger Text in Settings - Display & Brightness - Display Zoom.

You can, however, touch the widget on the lock screen, and this will open the Weather app on your iPhone.

Yes, I knew if you tap the temp, that you can view an expanded weather forecast, but I was trying to modify it so I could get an immediate view.
I wish I could change it so I could see the time, date and local temperature on one screen.
I keep my phone in my right rear pocket, and sometimes I pull it out for a brief moment, just to check the date, time, or temperature.
It would be more convenient if the temperature was larger, so I don't have to pause, and struggle to see the small numbers.

Your English is excellent.
How did you learn to master English so well in Austria?
Did you take English classes in college and spend a lot of time communicating with your friends in English?
Or, were your skills refined from reading books and literature in English, as well as getting experience from the internet?

Thanks for your help.

Thank you! :)

My English is a mixture of experience from the internet, as well as English literature and movies. I visited London twice, a few years ago. Other than that, I don‘t have a chance to communicate in English.

Sorry that I can‘t help you this time!

Yes, I knew if you tap the temp, that you can view an expanded weather forecast, but I was trying to modify it so I could get an immediate view.
I wish I could change it so I could see the time, date and local temperature on one screen.
I keep my phone in my right rear pocket, and sometimes I pull it out for a brief moment, just to check the date, time, or temperature.
It would be more convenient if the temperature was larger, so I don't have to pause, and struggle to see the small numbers.

Your English is excellent.
How did you learn to master English so well in Austria?
Did you take English classes in college and spend a lot of time communicating with your friends in English?
Or, were your skills refined from reading books and literature in English, as well as getting experience from the internet?

Thanks for your help.

Use a different app. I have found the Today Weather lockscreen weather widget easier to see. Today Weather is on the left, Apple Weather on the right. Carrot Weather inline at the top above the time.
IMG_3533.png