What's new

missing alerts in iMessage

Zeus661

Reaction score
I have noticed there are times when I get a reply to a text and I get no sound or vibration. Anyway to change that? I want sound and vibration on EVERY iMessage. Thanks

Mine just did this for the first time today, powered it down then it worked fine?

If I'm in iMessage when a message comes in it will not sound the alert just a small swoosh or something but its barely noticeable if I'm not waiting for a immediate response.. My droid would ring no matter what..

sometimes i don't get an alert in iMessage,from what i understand its a bug in IOS6.

If I'm in iMessage when a message comes in it will not sound the alert just a small swoosh or something but its barely noticeable if I'm not waiting for a immediate response.. My droid would ring no matter what..
You can change it in Sounds to something louder than the swoosh.

Not while you are actually in message. If your phone is on message and active, you will still get the swoosh. That's how my wife got those 2 or 3 messages by me last night.
i have Digital as my alert for texts,it gives the same sound for iMessages and its quite loud......

OK, but while you are in the program and the phone is active? Because I use a different tone too (I think bells) for messages and if I happen to be sending a text and receive one around the same time, I get a swish.
ah yes i see what you mean now i give it some thought,i do get the swoosh noise if I'm actually messaging,i have my volume right up and i do hear it fine,

Maybe the option of ‘Mute’ has been checked. Go to the settings and see if there is any alert sound or vibration. If not, restart your device and reset it.

Go to settings, notifications and then under where is says "Show iMessages Alerts From:" check EVERYONE.

Otherwise since iMessages are basically an email address based message, if that persons email isn't set under someones contact in your phone it won't alert you.