What's new

Messenger icon in Facebook app located in the uppermost left corner HELP

rdot5

Reaction score
Please help me how to fix this. The messenger icon is supposed to be located at the bottom part of the facebook app. But mine is not. The messenger icon is located at the uppermost left corner of the app. Please help me how to fix this! Thanks in advance!

Please help me how to fix this. The messenger icon is supposed to be located at the bottom part of the facebook app. But mine is not. The messenger icon is located at the uppermost left corner of the app. Please help me how to fix this! Thanks in advance!

Have you recently updated the Facebook app? Are you positive that the icon is in the same location in the update? It's not uncommon for small UI changes to occur in app updates.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

I have the latest version of the facebook app and also the messenger. Also when I do log out on facebook, the messenger icon goes back to the bottom. But when I close it (using multitasking) then open the app again, it goes back to the top.

You are well appreciated sir!

Can you show a screen shot of your Facebook upper left corner with messenger there?

Since Facebook separated it's app from its messaging app, I can access Facebook messenger from an icon on the upper right of the Facebook app. When you press that, it actually takes you to the the messenger app, which is now a separate app, technically. The bottom row of Facebook still has the icon that shows if I have any messages waiting. Is this not how yours is set up? This is Facebook version 31.0 dated May 21, 2015.

image.jpg

Hi bear7962. My messenger icon is beside the search bar on the uppermost left facing your iphone. My facebook app on the bottom only shows news feed, requests, notifications, and more. And the messages/messenger is on the upmost left corner. It's kinda annoying though. Can't get it back. -_-

You can't get it back because Facebook changed their format. They split off Facebook Messenger into a separate app from Facebook. They want everyone to use Facebook Messenger. If you use the Facebook app on your phone it will show you when you have a message but if you try to see it or send a message, it opens up the Facebook Messenger app. Now if you saved a copy of the regular Facebook web page on Safari, it almost replicates the desktop version and you can send messages as you always did, thru Facebook without opening the Facebook Messenger app. But the icons are where I showed they were in the picture I posted. Because that is where Facebook wants them.

What you can not do is decide where you want the icons. Facebook made those decisions when they modified their page. You can send feedback to Facebook thru their site.

You are well appreciated sir! Thank you for your time. I guess I just have to deal with that format. Thank you again.

You are welcome. And given that Facebook puts out an update every couple of weeks, who know where they will move it to next. Lol

You are welcome. And given that Facebook puts out an update every couple of weeks, who know where they will move it to next. Lol
True! I noticed that change a while back. I have no idea which update changed it. It just seems odd there's no independent log in/log out with Messenger.

True! I noticed that change a while back. I have no idea which update changed it. It just seems odd there's no independent log in/log out with Messenger.
The last thing Facebook wants you to do is have You log out of Facebook Messenger. FaceBook's goal is to be the only place you go to for anything on the Internet.

The last thing Facebook wants you to do is have You log out of Facebook Messenger. FaceBook's goal is to be the only place you go to for anything on the Internet.
Yeah, that's about right. But I do recall 3 years ago when I first downloaded Messenger, it had a log In.