What's new

Mail Sounds

pcshrink

Reaction score
Why on earth can you change the ringtones, and the text tones and cannot change the email tones?? This sucks cause the default one is awful! I would like to change it but dont want to JB my phone.

I *highly* recommend NOT Jailbreaking your phone -- I jb'k my first 3G and then had a issue with the home button which would have been replaced under AppleCare no problem, tried to restore my phone to Factory so I could take it onto the store to get repl. and I couldn't get the OLD iOS to 'hold' -- took it to the store anyway and they wouldn't give me support -- neither would AppleCare -- it voided my warranty. Had to buy a new one (Apple Store was nice enough to only charge me the replacement price versus new no-contract price) -- and I haven't JB'k my phones since -- and it's a good thing because I went thru TWO more 3Gs and then bought my 4 and am on my second iPhone4 ... The difference being that I have had all of the subsequent phones replaced for FREE when there were issues.

I agree that the email tone SUCKS and it's horrible that there's no way to change it -- is there a way to ADD custom / 3rd party Text Tones yet -- or just the ones that are on the phone?

-Rob

I *highly* recommend NOT Jailbreaking your phone -- I jb'k my first 3G and then had a issue with the home button which would have been replaced under AppleCare no problem, tried to restore my phone to Factory so I could take it onto the store to get repl. and I couldn't get the OLD iOS to 'hold' -- took it to the store anyway and they wouldn't give me support -- neither would AppleCare -- it voided my warranty. Had to buy a new one (Apple Store was nice enough to only charge me the replacement price versus new no-contract price) -- and I haven't JB'k my phones since -- and it's a good thing because I went thru TWO more 3Gs and then bought my 4 and am on my second iPhone4 ... The difference being that I have had all of the subsequent phones replaced for FREE when there were issues.

I agree that the email tone SUCKS and it's horrible that there's no way to change it -- is there a way to ADD custom / 3rd party Text Tones yet -- or just the ones that are on the phone?

-Rob

I personally think the benefits are worth the risk. I have absolutely no problems with my phone and am only able to use it to it's maximum potential thanks to the jailbreak apps I have

agree with pigeon.

Jailbroke my phone yesterday for the first time ever and it has literally opened up a whole new world of apps and customizations for my phone. Jailbreak was super easy and my phone is working perfectly.

Ok, well -- fully willing to be wrong on that -- i just had that one (really) bad experience. Maybe there's been more development since then that's made it safer -- who knows.

i got mine jailbroke with greenpoison and it works beautifully. like a well oiled machine
:D

i got mine jailbroke with greenpoison and it works beautifully. like a well oiled machine
:D

couldn't agree more! MiWi app was well worth the risk alone.... It hasn't seemed to affect anything negatively yet. :)

Ok, well -- fully willing to be wrong on that -- i just had that one (really) bad experience. Maybe there's been more development since then that's made it safer -- who knows.

haha, yea there have been a lot of developments...
i suggest you give it one more shot...it's like getting a customizable, turbo-charged car and doing absolutely nothing but commuting to and from work with it! :p

agree with pigeon.

Jailbroke my phone yesterday for the first time ever and it has literally opened up a whole new world of apps and customizations for my phone. Jailbreak was super easy and my phone is working perfectly.

I finally took the jb plunge and man is it great! changed font, email signatures, tones, icons, theme and a few other things. I never thought I would but I did and it was crazy easy. I am a happy girl now!

agree with pigeon.

I finally took the jb plunge and man is it great! changed font, email signatures, tones, icons, theme and a few other things. I never thought I would but I did and it was crazy easy. I am a happy girl now!

glad to hear it, i was iffy the first month or so, but the more i read up on it, i descided to jailbreak and now i couldnt have it any other way

agree with pigeon.

So can you explain to me how you jailbroke your iPhone? I am considering this but have been skeptical cause I do not want to void the warranty at all. Can you point me in the direction you took to jailbrake your phone? Thank you!

agree with pigeon.

So can you explain to me how you jailbroke your iPhone? I am considering this but have been skeptical cause I do not want to void the warranty at all. Can you point me in the direction you took to jailbrake your phone? Thank you!

use youtube there are so many video tutorials, just look for one that has your model and iOS version in the title