What's new

Mail display

coffeebuzz

Reaction score
I came here because my iPhone often will not display embedded images, such as an image copy and pasted in an Outlook email. It shows up just fine on a friend's iPhone which is the same 4S (MD269LL) running 6.0. It appears to be displaying plain text rather than html. I can't find an option for the mail display. So if I send a message with an embedded image, it displays fine on friend's phone but doesn't on mine.

I realize this is posted to the wrong forum. I don't see how to move it to another forum.

Last edited:
I came here because my iPhone often will not display embedded images, such as an image copy and pasted in an Outlook email. It shows up just fine on a friend's iPhone which is the same 4S (MD269LL) running 6.0. It appears to be displaying plain text rather than html. I can't find an option for the mail display. So if I send a message with an embedded image, it displays fine on friend's phone but doesn't on mine.

Check the following.

Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Load Remote Images. If it is set to OFF, then that should be the issue.

Hey coffeebuzz. I usually don't reply to a new person who has an issue unless I have an answer. But to be honest with you I'm having trouble understanding what exactly your issue is. I'd probably have to see a picture of it which is obviously something you can't do.

Well, hang in there. Lots of bright people who probably know exactly what you're talking about who will help.

Edit: Skull posted that hopefully useful post as I was typing out my totally useless response.

Thanks for the PROMPT reply. Load Remote Images is on and has been on. I tried switching it off and then back on and that didn't change anything.

Thanks for the PROMPT reply. Load Remote Images is on and has been on. I tried switching it off and then back on and that didn't change anything.

That is a shame. Because that is supposed to be the only setting that affects that. You can try a hard reset of the phone. Won't clear any data or change anything. Just gives iOS a clean reboot. Sometimes that fixes issues but in your case, I am going to go with it as a long shot at best. Hold the StandBy/Sleep button and the Home button down at the same time until the white apple logo appears. Let them go and the phone will reboot.

Well, I think I can show you what I mean. $Original Outlook sent item.JPG$Screen shot.jpg
The first image the original message in my Sent Items folder in Outlook. The second is the way it was displayed on my iPhone. Another iPhone just like mine displays the images in the body of the mail.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did it and it sent another email... it displayed just the same.

I realize this is posted to the wrong forum. I don't see how to move it to another forum.

Yes-I see that this is on the wrong forum. Lets move this to the Help Section where you will get more attention.

BTW...Welcome to the forum. Please take a moment to review these links:

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/f...um-rules-please-read-respect-our-rules-30950/
http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/n...-member-read-before-starting-new-thread-3980/

Also, please see the manual download for ios 6 guideline book for the iPhone:*http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/iphone-user-guide-for-ios-6/id563272542?mt=11

Surely the problem lies with you email provider...the way it's setup...you seem to be viewing images remotely...??

Surely the problem lies with you email provider...the way it's setup...you seem to be viewing images remotely...??

We all have 1and1 as our server (my website host which also handles my company's email.) It's a mystery. Mine is the only one that will not display images when they are embedded in the body of the email. Four of us have the same 4S.