What's new

lost some sounds

First do the updates and reboots i already told you of or the rest won’t help. Then, if your sounds have returned, while the sound is heard, you can increase the volume using the volume buttons on the iPhone. Also, ringtone has a sound level control in settings, under sounds.

Occasionally this has occurred for me also. Re-boot or force shut down of your iPhone. After it reboots again, it should be fine. I notice this happens to me when I am overdue on my iOS updates.

This never worked for me, and my phone was up to date. I never did figure out why it did it. It was very random.

I agree....I’ve had my iPhone X since December of last year and intermittently I get no notification of new text messages. Very frustrating. I’ve rebooted and updated and nothing seems to change. I’m retired so I don’t get a ton of text messages but when my kids send me one I would like to be notified. Doesn’t always happen. Maybe it’s my phone but based on some of these comments I think it is a matter that Apple should be doing something about. I love my phone but this is an issue other manufacturers have got correct.

I agree....I’ve had my iPhone X since December of last year and intermittently I get no notification of new text messages. Very frustrating. I’ve rebooted and updated and nothing seems to change. I’m retired so I don’t get a ton of text messages but when my kids send me one I would like to be notified. Doesn’t always happen. Maybe it’s my phone but based on some of these comments I think it is a matter that Apple should be doing something about. I love my phone but this is an issue other manufacturers have got correct.
I wonder if it’s signal related.

If it is I wish someone would acknowledge that fact. I live in a poor phone reception area. I have Verizon as my carrier and most visitors complain about poor service at my home. If it’s a reception problem I could buy it but not until all other avenues have been explored. I would find it hard to believe that everyone on this message board have reception problems.

If it is I wish someone would acknowledge that fact. I live in a poor phone reception area. I have Verizon as my carrier and most visitors complain about poor service at my home. If it’s a reception problem I could buy it but not until all other avenues have been explored. I would find it hard to believe that everyone on this message board have reception problems.
I mentioned it because my house is in a poor reception area too(AT&T).