What's new

Looking For Non-Complicated Customer App That Can Track Small Details

Rick5150

Reaction score
In my business I meet with about 20 customers per day, six or seven times per season. Sometimes customers tell me things like nicknames, a specific area of the job to focus on, etc. I would love to remember all of this, but it is not possible. I was looking for a standalone app that I could add these customers to, so that I remember that a customer likes to be called "Mr. Johnson" instead of "Bill" or that a customer goes by a nickname. Most of the Customer apps are far too complicated for what I need and time is important here. Thanks!

Sometimes the simple answer is overlooked. Could you use the default Contacts app for this? Easy enough to add each customer to the app and they'll be easy to find.

Sometimes the simple answer is overlooked. Could you use the default Contacts app for this? Easy enough to add each customer to the app and they'll be easy to find.

Yes, you can add fields to each contact like nickname right in the contact info. If you use the job title field it shows up right under the name like the nickname and makes it easy to see. I'll do one on my phone and attach a pic.

$image-193375364.jpg

4S with iOS 5.1.1

I'm trying to get it to sync through iCloud to my 5S on iOS7 now.

$image-3743410312.jpg

Same contact iPad3 iOS5.1.1

View attachment 15784

And on the 5S with iOS7
Oops, here's the 5S
Freddy Forum is in the nickname, the likes peanut butter is under job title and the other is the company name

Attachments

• $image-3212953435.jpg
    $image-3212953435.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 488
Last edited:
I wanted to keep the job customers separate from my standard contact list. Also, besides nicknames (which was just an example) I need to note what was done each time I visited a customer. I would like to make notes on whether a few other details like exactly where they are located, what color their house is, etc. I think there is too much info for the Contacts app.

I wanted to keep the job customers separate from my standard contact list. Also, besides nicknames (which was just an example) I need to note what was done each time I visited a customer. I would like to make notes on whether a few other details like exactly where they are located, what color their house is, etc. I think there is too much info for the Contacts app.

Maybe you need a spreadsheet with a different tab for each contact or a small database for iOS (if one exists) to create what you need??

Maybe you need a spreadsheet with a different tab for each contact or a small database for iOS (if one exists) to create what you need??

A database app isn't a bad idea here, it would definitely allow finer customization. There are some database apps in the app store, I was looking for one to use for home inventory and was impressed with the functionality of some of them.