What's new

Looking for a new 4S case, but can't decide....

Actually, Lifeproof is a SMART case for iPhone. It's just 15mm and waterproof. But a little expensive.

Lifeproof IS expensive but so is your iPhone. Weigh out the cost of replacing your iPhone to a $90 case that allows you to even swim if you so choose. It is well worth it if you like to keep it protected

Merlecollins said:
Hi guys,

I've always been a loyal Otterbox user and currently have the Defender case on my 4S.

But it has torn at the mute switch and I am considering a new case.

Any guidance would be great. I work in construction so the phone needs to well protected and a screen cover is a must, but it would be great if I could get a protective case that was not as bulky as the Defender Series.

Is Lifeproof a slimmer case?

I have Case Mates Phantom case, it makes me feel like I have an Otterbox Defender case but without the extra bulk. It sits under a screen just like the defender series.

I have Wayyy too many cases 21 to be exact and a lifeproof included!
Right now using the LUxe regular by ifrogz love it!
Not loving lifeproof only for days I know I'll be out by water.... Takes away from some things unlove on the iPhone and one is the screeeen'
I do find I need a mophie or a battery type phone case cause I'm always doing videos

$image-3343121745.jpg

LoL not including what's on our phones :) and I have bumpers in my van..

Yeah thanks I just didnt have the money but i did receive the case from coolcovercases and it seems to work good so far will test this weekend at the beach

Hi guys,

I've always been a loyal Otterbox user and currently have the Defender case on my 4S.

Any guidance would be great. I work in construction so the phone needs to well protected and a screen cover is a must, but it would be great if I could get a protective case that was not as bulky as the Defender Series.

otterbox is better, personally!

Hi guys,

Lifeproof is slimmer than defender. It is a very nice case and waterproof. But if you like your otterbox, it's free replacements. At least the defender is. My brother had his replaced at no cost to him

My nephew has an otter box for years now and he never takes it off even though it is falling apart. He loves it.
We work in the construction end of the movie biz building sets and are constantly surrounded by DUST and i leave my coolcovercases on the table saw all the time. All i do is blow it off and it works great no issues. Good luck

Lifeproof is slimmer than defender. It is a very nice case and waterproof. But if you like your otterbox, it's free replacements. At least the defender is. My brother had his replaced at no cost to him
lifeproof is slimmer, but otterbox is much protectable and durable!

My connector cover is tearing (not torn off yet - getting close) will they replace it before it completely fails? Defender case used for work.

I just can't seem to stop buying the iFrogz Luxe Original cases. I think I must own all the colors now. And what they charge you $29.95 for at Best Buy, etc is $7 on Amazon or at those booths at flee markets. They're as close to a naked iPhone as possible. Just the way I like it. Now what I'd love to get more info about is alternatives to the zagg invishield. Love how they protect, hate how they feel.:(

Which zagg do you have? The HD version is alot less rubbery than the originals. Bodyguardz are smooth and ghost armor isnt too rubbery. With zagg HD's, dont use any cleaners on them, windex etc. They ruin the feeling of the screen and cause it to get sticky. Just use the cloth that comes with them.

Which zagg do you have? The HD version is alot less rubbery than the originals. Bodyguardz are smooth and ghost armor isnt too rubbery. With zagg HD's, dont use any cleaners on them, windex etc. They ruin the feeling of the screen and cause it to get sticky. Just use the cloth that comes with them.
Great input! I hadn't heard that Zagg had released an HD version of their Invisishield. It's exactly the rubbery-ness that I hated about the original versions. Hmm. So won't the cloth that comes with it eventually get oily like the stuff that comes off your fingers? The only reason you ever use a cleaner is to break up the oil and even then you would never use Windex. A very light solution of nine parts water and .5 part alcohol and .5 part dish soap is the best cleaning solution for the shields in my experience. It's also the best cleaning solution for your windows as well. :) You need something eventually to get the oil off any shield ..don't you think?

absolutely. I generally use a very small amount of water on shields. Mostly I just breathe on it like you would glasses lol. I know a few people who insist on using cleaning agents to clean them and they wonder why the screens gets destroyed.