What's new

Lockscreen

hvac122

Reaction score
How do I get the lockscreen to stay open longer?

Settings -> General -> Autolock -> pick your time.

Thats what I thought but no matter where I set it the lockscreen closes in about 5 seconds. Phone is jailbroke if that makes a difference.

Ok. Lets try a different question then.

Are you pressing the top button to wake the phone up but not sliding the unlock? And that is when it goes back to sleep quickly?

Yes I press the top button and do not touch the unlock slider and screen closes in 5 seconds.

hvac122 said:
Yes I press the top button and do not touch the unlock slider and screen closes in 5 seconds.

Are u asking how to make the screen dim in a longer amount of time *when* your at the lock screen?

I think posters thought you meant how to make the screen sit longer without locking.

There are a few ways to do this.

There is a tweak called 20 second lock screen. The screen dims after 20 seconds when woken at the lock screen.

There is also Springtomize 2. With Springtomize 2 you can set from 1 second up to 1 minute before the screen dims at the lock screen.

There is also a plist edit you can do to set your own dim delay. Would have to look that up tho.

Could do it using iFile.

It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that *every* jailbreaker has iFile installed. An application worth more then what it costs.

That is expected and programmed behavior. As zig9449 has pointed out, you must jailbreak and modify iOS yourself to adjust what you are asking for.

Ok. Thanks for the info. I will look in ifile.