What's new

lightning digital a/v adaptor to convert hdmi signal to composite rca

halfmonkey

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying the lightning digital a/v adaptor for my iphone so that I can display the video and audio on a tv. My question is, does anybody have a recommendation on something that can convert the hdmi output to a composite rca cable. The reason why I need this is because I plan on using this setup in my car for the kids in the back seat so they can stream netflix of something while we go on a long road trip. The problem is the built in entertainment system doesn't have an hdmi input. It has the old school red, white, and yellow composite rca jacks.

It seems that the only thing that Apple offers that allows the iphone 5 to output the a/v is the lightning digital a/v adaptor. I'm then thinking of buying an hdmi cable to plug into some kind of device that can convert the signal to composite rca. I'll then buy an rca composite cable to plug into the output end of this convertor device and then I'll plug the other end of the composite rca cable into the entertainment system in the car.

I found one from Etekcity. Has anybody tried this or heard of it and if so, can you provide some feedback on the product? Thanks.