What's new

LED Flash Alerts iOS 5 For iPhone 4

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew0ADrjZBvg]YouTube - ‪LED Flash Alerts iOS 5 For iPhone 4 - iOS Vlog 436‬‏[/ame]​

Going even deeper into the abyss, we have some underground features that Apple is testing within the iOS 5 Beta 1 developer preview. This feature, listed under Accessibility, will allow you to get notifications via your LED Flash on your iPhone 4. This means every time you get a text message, an incoming call, or push notification you will not only get a sound or a vibrate, your iPhone can also be the bringer of light. Perfect for when your phone is charging across the room and you need to know when you get an alert. Hopefully we'll be able to see a mixture between the LED Flash and the new Custom Vibrations to have a smorgasbord of alert features utilizing their powers!

Please already.. when is Apple going to get serious about alerts?? LED flash is on the bottom of the phone which when it flashes you will not see it because you have the phone flat on a table...

Hello Apple & SJ..... alert LED needs to be on the front of the phone and not be a light that will light up an entire house.

PS: How much battery is this LED camera flash alert feature going to use??? Mines be goin' off like alls the times

i kinda dont liek this idea too. can this function be turned off?

It's off by default. You have to turn it on. It's mainly for people with hearing imparments so they can see when they get a text or call...

I personally think this is a great idea my uncle is deaf and this would be very handy for him.