What's new

Late night data use

Jdsmitty10

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting charged late night data use around 12:30-2 am? I am not using my phone then, plus i am on wifi.. I know when my phone is asleep it doesn't use wifi. but with all push notifications and stuff turned off... my phone is still using data while i sleep. It is also happening during the day when I am on wifi. Happens on my wifes IP4 too. It is annoying since i only have the 200mb plan, i dont need the extra data usage when i am not even using it. I have seen alot of people with this problem and am wondering if anyone has found a reason/solution?

Interesting, try to shut 3g and E (cellular data ) off at night and see what happens.

Guess this has been going on for a while. My usage shows up between 11pm and midnight. Maybe you're on the east coast? Standard time?

Well, here's a bump to see if anyone has any answers.

I've also seen large usage for times I know that I was in wifi or at work and not using my phone. My theory is that there is often a delay between when you use the data and they report it. I think the usage amounts are correct but the times are ballpark.