What's new

KOF-Encounter - Fresh social game!

Xiltyn

Reaction score
What are you looking for when you think about mobile social game? What do you actually want from it? Is it great astonishing graphics or maybe a long deep story? Personally, I think it’s neither, because bottom line – the only thing that really counts is…

Playability –
the thing that sometimes even the best looking ones lack of. KOF-E is as name suggests – encounter based social game, so when you pass near someone who has the same game on her/his iPhone you can interact with them. Basically speaking – fight them. Easy, yet really great user-friendly, so…

How does it work?
It’s quite easy fortunately, you just need to choose one of numerous characters and level her/him up gaining access to new moves and skills. At the beginning you can only have one but when she/he reaches level four you can get another one. That is also possible by fighting bosses who are way stronger than normal fighters but it’s highly satisfying when you beat up a guy that can basically make your character disappear in one move. You can choose up to three skills (out of ten your character can learn) which your character will attempt to use during fights. ‘Attempt’, because every skill has a proportional chance of usage which is increased when a skill levels up. Ok then, that’s pretty much everything about the basics, so…

Let’s play!
Whenever any other player passes you by, his avatar appears on the bottom of the screen – you just need to tap it to open battle screen. To fight you just need to tap the big red button – one tap is one attack (either yours or your opponent’s). Match ends when one of you is dead or timer runs out. There is also a training feature that allows you to fight any other player who wishes to train too. Trainings are very quick, it’s like two or three hits per person, so when you fight sixteen for example, it’s like a normal fight and ends after all matches are settled. You’re not losing health there but you do gain experience, so it seems like a pretty nice thing.

To su
m it up! What can I say about KOF-E in general? I think it’s a pretty neat experience for anyone and a must-have for KOF merchandise fan. And since there aren’t that many nice games of the kind, you will have some great time playing that one.

4/5 points from me.

And here's the link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id449518556?l=en&ls=1&mt=8

$mzl.swmoxidk.320x480-75.jpg$mzl.dtmjaxeq.320x480-75.jpg$mzl.bhlanzdc.320x480-75.jpg

Last edited: