What's new

Just pulled 11 Mbps down on hpsa+

Bsadle1

Reaction score
Just used speediest.net app by ookla and pulled this with my IP5. The most I ever pulled on my 4S was 9. Wondering of anyone has similar speeds. Also anyone have any $image.jpg speeds for LTE yet. I don't live near a LTE market. Of course this was on AT&T. Seeing as other carriers don't have hpsa+. Good thing is though within a 100 mile radius of where I live is about 80% hpsa+ with the rest regular 3G.

Yes. I don't have an iPhone 5 yet. But my mom, sister, and cousin got one yesterday. I'll run the speed test on them today and post the results. San Diego has a phenomenal LTE network.

The screenshot I posted above was taken months ago when the iPad 3 first came out.

Wow, 11mb on HSPA+ is probably among the fastest int the country for 3G. My 4S would get 4-8mb regular on + and I thought that was pretty good. So far my iPhone 5 has been about the same.

Really, with 4-8mb of download, I'm not missing LTE. I suppose if I had crappy Verizon 3G I'd be excited about LTE.

Here is a test of LTE in PDX that I did last night.
5ezyvegu.jpg

Sent from my 5 via Tapatalk

im kindof annoyed with this, my razr maxx would pull 30Mb down and 15 up from verizon LTE, and my iPhone 5 is only pulling 12Mb down and 5 up....

Somewhere on the internet, I don't remember where but I saw a video of a guy with download at 25mbps. The only way I can get that fast is via wifi. I've seen some other pics of an Android phone pulling 25mbps down as well, and that guy I know and trust him. He had the latest Galaxy phone, whichever one that is this week.

im wondering if at & t just pays apple to cap service for anyone but them, because its ridiculous how low my LTE speeds are, then again my wireless speeds are strange as well, my laptop (hard connected) will pull 30Mb to 75Mb down and 15Mb up, yet my iphone pulls 1-7Mb down and 20Mb up (yes the upload is oddly higher) although thats on my newer fios router...

im getting a little disappointed with my purchase...

Last edited:
im wondering if at & t just pays apple to cap service for anyone but them, because its ridiculous how low my LTE speeds are, then again my wireless speeds are strange as well, my laptop (hard connected) will pull 30Mb to 75Mb down and 15Mb up, yet my iphone pulls 1-7Mb down and 20Mb up (yes the upload is oddly higher) although thats on my newer fios router...

im getting a little disappointed with my purchase...

That guy i mentioned on the previous page hitting 25 mbps? He's on AT&T. I can only get 11, I have Verizon.

Holy Ish. Too bad AT&T doesn't even have LTE in my state!!! Although I am surrounded by hpsa+ which I guess is sufficient enough. But boy oh boy do I wish I had lte