What's new

Jailed Wesley Snipes Launches New iOS Game - Julius Styles

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
julius-styles.jpg

Actor Wesley Snipes, who is currently in prison in Pennsylvania serving a three-year sentence for tax evasion, will soon be starring in his very own action-strategy iOS game, called Julius Styles: The International.

Snipes plays the part of the game’s protagonist, Julius Styles, an international “Facilitator” in a world of money, power, sex and murder. And clearly, this is not just a case of a game having a star’s name slapped on it with them knowing little about it, as Snipes appears to have been very much involved with every aspect of the game, from conception onwards, judging by these quotes from the actor:

“This project was inspired by my desire to bring my Art of War, Murder at 1600 and Passenger 57 characters into the game world. Julius Styles will offer something for both the mind game strategist and the kick -ass special ops warrior lover. This game will expand on the cool, sexy, diverse sometimes scary, and often bizarre world and people I’ve had the pleasure to spend time with.”

Snipes adds that the game also features puzzle-solving elements alongside the action, and that’s also a result of his own input into the game’s development:
“I love games that challenge my mind and reflexes. Julius Styles pits your street knowledge survival skills with your academic intellect and spiritual intuition. The feature film is going to be a blast!”

Snipes might have got a little ahead of himself there, as there’s no Julius Styles feature film in the works just yet, at least not as far as we know! According to Ilkka Immonen, CEO of Lapland Studios, there will be several Julius Styles instalments released, on several different platforms, with the first coming in June 2011. The game will initially be an App Store exclusive for all iOS devices, before expanding to Xbox LIVE, PSN, WiiWare and Android.

Source: Lapland Studios